PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo, converting 9 to 10 speed

redearedslider5
10-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Maybe I missed it in the search but does anyone know what exact parts you need to convert the right hand shifter from 9 to 10 speed? And hopefully the part numbers? I have a set of Daytona 9 speed shifters I was thinking of switching so all of my stuff is on campy 10. Thanks!

Mark McM
10-13-2015, 02:55 PM
Maybe I missed it in the search but does anyone know what exact parts you need to convert the right hand shifter from 9 to 10 speed? And hopefully the part numbers? I have a set of Daytona 9 speed shifters I was thinking of switching so all of my stuff is on campy 10. Thanks!

For Daytona shifters, the only required part is a 10spd index disc. But, since you've got to take the shifter apart anyway, it is advisable to also replace the index springs and the spring holder.

Theoretically, you're also supposed to the replace the 9spd downshift ratchet disc with a 10spd model, but I've never had a problem using the original 9spd downshift ratchet disc.

redearedslider5
10-13-2015, 03:05 PM
do you happen to know the part number for the 10 speed index disc?

Web1111a
10-15-2015, 07:01 AM
Check this thread

Old Potatoe list parts for record
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=175601

redearedslider5
10-15-2015, 09:30 AM
awesome, thank you!

oldpotatoe
10-15-2015, 01:43 PM

Shift disc and toothed 10s bushing in the front. If you don't do the toothed ratchet, it will work but you run out of teeth and the last shift swing to low gear cog will be larger. $10 part. I echo changing the g springs and checking the spring carrier for busted post or being split.

I can look them up when I get home.

EC-RE-061(shift disc) and 062(ratchet). Also later 'ultra one-EC-RE-161..drilled for light weight(?), coated with some teflon stuff.

Getting kinda scarce, just these part. Campagnolo still makes and sells shift assemblies, Record 10s, older shape, all but the brake lever, hood, handlebar bits.

I have bought these just for parts.

acorn_user
10-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Or you could sell/swap the 9 speed parts for 10 speed. That would be easier, and maybe cheaper, if you count labour costs as well as parts.