PDA

View Full Version : Things I learned I like yesterday.

Tom
03-27-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm riding the old bike this spring. I find I really like

Ergo indexed shifters.
A steel frame.
Leaves on the trees so the wind is blocked at ground level.
Pedals with float.

cause I don't have them right now.

I scared a big muskrat off the shoulder and the spring peepers are cranking in the swamps.

Last evening I learned I really, really like to go out to see NRBQ. They put on one of 2004's top five shows last night at the Van Dyck. How many R&R bands write songs about Girl Scout cookies or mug at the three year old kid over at the next table? They're just incredible musicians. You can tell they've been playing together for way more than 30 years, they write great songs about the little stuff we all notice and generally look like they're having all sorts of fun up there playing their music. I had a smile plastered to my face the entire time. Karen had never heard of them, it was as much fun watching her be amazed as it was to watch them play.

Kevan
03-27-2004, 09:32 AM
NRBQ....you are a good person. I love their stuff.

Last weekend three of us were kicking around in the horse country section of Greenwich CT, there the smell of manure almost over takes that of the money. Anyway, we're coming around the bend in a road and up ahead, 50 feet or so, on the opposite side an old stone wall decides to crumble before us, on its own accord. I didn’t think we humans were supposed to witness such events, only its aftermath. That leaves us to imagine earth tremors or wall-pushing gnomes.

You might want to check out Bebop pedals for that float you're missing. Similar but different to everyone's Speeds and a whole lot less cleat to walk on.

I'm still waiting for our leaves. They ain't going be here in their glory until mid-May.

Well, off to do chores then maybe if things settle down an afternoon spin around that horse country again.