PDA

View Full Version : PF30 Eccentric Bottom Brackets

mmtmatrix
10-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Putting a new cross bike together and it will be my first with a PF30. I am planning on building the bike with an eccentric adapter (so I have the option to run single if I chose too, but can still run gears). From what I can tell there are a hand full out there, but I am having a hard time really comparing them to one another. I assume some creek more than others, better bearings, longer life, ease of adjustment, etc. Anyone have experience? Beer components, Wheels Manufacturing, Problem Solvers and Niner. Am I missing any? Thanks for the help!

Cicli
10-12-2015, 12:04 PM
I ran the one from BEER and it worked flawlessly.

oldpotatoe
10-13-2015, 07:26 AM
Putting a new cross bike together and it will be my first with a PF30. I am planning on building the bike with an eccentric adapter (so I have the option to run single if I chose too, but can still run gears). From what I can tell there are a hand full out there, but I am having a hard time really comparing them to one another. I assume some creek more than others, better bearings, longer life, ease of adjustment, etc. Anyone have experience? Beer components, Wheels Manufacturing, Problem Solvers and Niner. Am I missing any? Thanks for the help!

Malcolm!!!! Creak...Wheels works great.

mmtmatrix
10-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Im a math teacher Peter!

Remember when I feel in the creek?

oldpotatoe
10-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Im a math teacher Peter!

Remember when I feel in the creek?

Yes eye doh.

MaraudingWalrus
10-14-2015, 08:06 AM
I've had great success with my WheelsMFG PF30 eccentric bb in my belt drive SuperSix EVO (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=170583). No creaking issues (which was the reason I stopped using the frame initially) and the bearings are pretty decent. A+ would purchase again for the next time I need such a thing.

eBAUMANN
10-14-2015, 08:32 AM
Very happy with my beer comp bb so far, about 10 races on it with no creaking. Phil wood bearings. I actually think the 2 connector bolts that these bb's use might have something to do with eliminating any creaks that could exist. Just a theory.

For a single speed disc bike, this is a GREAT option, one worth building a bike around in my opinion.

velomonkey
10-14-2015, 09:00 AM
With the caveat that I love dale BB30 cranks but hate press fit BBs (particularly BB86 and all that stuff) - I've had 2 SRAM ceramic BBs and both have gone bad after about 10 months of use.

I just switched to a Kogel PF30-C Ceramic BB wasn't cheap, will let you know how it works, seems to be fine for now.

oldpotatoe
10-14-2015, 09:30 AM
With the caveat that I love dale BB30 cranks but hate press fit BBs (particularly BB86 and all that stuff) - I've had 2 SRAM ceramic BBs and both have gone bad after about 10 months of use.

I just switched to a Kogel PF30-C Ceramic BB wasn't cheap, will let you know how it works, seems to be fine for now.

Slam ceramics are notorious for not lasting very long. Mild steel cones/cups and ceramic balls. Poor design but cheap to make(like most spam, even spam!:D).