PDA

View Full Version : The Program...

ultraman6970
10-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Looks like opens next week... for how long who knows, at least here some movies play like for 1 day and if nothing happens they put something else.

Anybody going?

MattTuck
10-12-2015, 08:12 AM
The only movie that looks remotely interesting right now is Bridge of Spies.

oldpotatoe
10-12-2015, 08:40 AM
The only movie that looks remotely interesting right now is Bridge of Spies.

The Martian-great book and movie.

MattTuck
10-12-2015, 08:42 AM
The Martian-great book and movie.

Oh yeah, that too :)

I heard it was a book, so wanted to read the book the first before seeing the movie. So had sort of forgot about seeing the film. Maybe I should skip the book and go straight to the movie.

majorpat
10-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Black Mass was pretty good.

weisan
10-12-2015, 11:57 AM
I'll fess' up, we don't go to the movies as much co'z of # of people in the household and $$, so pretty much stuck with redbox, netflix, Amazon prime.

Just saw the Avengers, Age of Ultron last Friday when it came out in Redbox...I have to say...this is one piece of >>> that I have seen in a loooong time. My daughter and I kept looking at each other and couldn't quite believe just how bad the script were, even my eight-year-old can do better than that.

Ok, rant over.

redir
10-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this something like a Netflix competition or something?

joe.e
10-12-2015, 12:28 PM
I'll fess' up, we don't go to the movies as much co'z of # of people in the household and $$, so pretty much stuck with redbox, netflix, Amazon prime.

Just saw the Avengers, Age of Ultron last Friday when it came out in Redbox...I have to say...this is one piece of >>> that I have seen in a loooong time. My daughter and I kept looking at each other and couldn't quite believe just how bad the script were, even my eight-year-old can do better than that.

Ok, rant over.

I think avengers may have been written by an eight year old who loves smashing their toys together...

Currently excited for Legend, Bone Tomahawk, and Revenant.

mcteague
10-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Love&Mercy (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/love_and_mercy/) was surprisingly good.

Tim

CunegoFan
10-12-2015, 01:59 PM
I think avengers may have been written by an eight year old who loves smashing their toys together...

I have pretty much had it with superhero movies and have not seen "Avengers: Age of Ultron", but I find it hard to believe it could be more incompetently scripted than "Man of Steel."

rnhood
10-12-2015, 02:45 PM
"Martian" is a good movie. Very enjoyable and, like Apollo 13 it holds your attention with an ever increasing tension factor.

"Antman" is a decent movie for entertainment. I liked it, but its merely for casual entertainment and not to be taken seriously.

Jgrooms
10-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Betsy = 👍
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/betsy-andreu-praises-armstrong-film-the-program/

velomonkey
10-12-2015, 03:36 PM
I'm gonna go see it just to see Ben Foster (who is awesome) and the pain they took to make period-specific bikes (from what I saw very accurate).

I also bet Foster is gonna go nuts yelling at some point.

I'm not expecting to learn anything, though.

Avincent52
10-12-2015, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfp859pcM0

If nothing else it should be fun to watch Stephen Frears (director of among many other things, my favorite sick-day movie High Fidelity) filming the photogenic world of cycling.
I'm liking what I'm seeing in the trailer.
And Jesse Plemmons--of Breaking Bad fame--as Floyd Landis!!!!

Anyone in North Jersey up for a group movie outing?

dustyrider
10-12-2015, 05:47 PM
I'm holding out for Hail, Caesar!

weisan
10-12-2015, 06:03 PM
As a unrepentant movie junkie...sure, I would watch it! ...when it comes out in redbox or netflix though...

:p

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/t/5579a382e4b0278f8260790a/1434035075563/

CunegoFan
10-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Betsy = 👍
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/betsy-andreu-praises-armstrong-film-the-program/

When will she move on? She is a professional victim these days. She has dedicated her life to hurting another person for things that happened twenty years ago. She is as mean and vindictive as Lance.

She is always prattling on about truth even as she lies about the extent of her husband's doping and promotes the bigger lie of doping in cycling being about a few bad apples instead of a bad orchard.

At least she didn't slip in her usual whinging about the size of other riders' houses and their gran fondos.

sg8357
10-12-2015, 06:53 PM
He just an amazing actor......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNfV4XxKXrA

So he didn't win the Le Tour, maybe a honorary Oscar instead ?

mg2ride
10-12-2015, 06:58 PM
When will she move on? She is a professional victim these days. She has dedicated her life to hurting another person for things that happened twenty years ago. She is as mean and vindictive as Lance.

She is always prattling on about truth even as she lies about the extent of her husband's doping and promotes the bigger lie of doping in cycling being about a few bad apples instead of a bad orchard.

At least she didn't slip in her usual whinging about the size of other riders' houses and their gran fondos.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Lane should have kept his single ball in his pants with her.

joe.e
10-12-2015, 09:18 PM
I have pretty much had it with superhero movies and have not seen "Avengers: Age of Ultron", but I find it hard to believe it could be more incompetently scripted than "Man of Steel."

my opinion here, but I thought age of ultron made WAY less sense than man of steel. man of steel was a couple beer movie, but you couldn't drink enough to make ultron make any sense.

also, man of steel had michael shannon crazy eyes
http://i2.cdnds.net/13/16/300x225/movies-man-of-steel-trailer-05.jpg

weisan
10-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Joe pal, I am with you on this.

CampyorBust
10-12-2015, 09:59 PM
I will watch it for sure, whenever it comes out in my local blockbuster.

That guy does not look anything like Lance, casting could have been better I think. Lance just oozes douchebaggery this guy?ell does not. Hey here is a great idear, get the Lance to play himself, he is a great actor ya know!

Jgrooms
10-13-2015, 06:39 AM

A high ranking Nazi was asked when the source of his hate was gone how would he fill the void that so defined him? He had no answer.

Betsy is in a similar situation. She will not stop until LA is criminally prosecuted , convicted & serving time. Which is not going to happen. So she appears to have a lifetime to keep at it. As time goes on, there will be less and less interest, she will not be called upon to rant so much & hopefully she can find some Zen & move on. Or...

Historically all fallen 'heroes' get some sort of rehab down the road. Betsy knows this. LA & her clearly are in a battle of legacy. Unless Betsy "makes peace" (not happening), then she has her windmill for life. LA would be wise in his PR to get her to a public meeting & hug it out. Then she's boxed in as a the hypocrite she is when she goes back on the rant.

deechee
10-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I'll wait for Netflix to carry it. And even then, I'd probably only watch it when I'm extraordinarily bored.

Nobody here has mentioned "Meru". A bit simple, but beautifully shot, and accessible story (my gf loved it). It really spotlights what friendship is about.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/meru/images/background-twitter.jpg

Avincent52
10-13-2015, 08:50 AM
It'll be interesting to see how the story line plays out in this one, thematically.
The reality is that if Lance had been a little less greedy--stayed retired when he got out clean--and didn't kick people like Frankie, Betsy, and Floyd when they were down (and it would have cost him little or nothing to keep them in the fold, so to speak) there'd be Walsh's book and some rumors, but Lance would still have those jerseys.
This was like Goodfellas or the later seasons of the Sopranos. Lance got ratted out.
That's not to say he didn't deserve it, though.

joe.e
10-13-2015, 09:03 AM
I'll wait for Netflix to carry it. And even then, I'd probably only watch it when I'm extraordinarily bored.

Nobody here has mentioned "Meru". A bit simple, but beautifully shot, and accessible story (my gf loved it). It really spotlights what friendship is about.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/meru/images/background-twitter.jpg

Dude, my gf and I both loved Meru! Probably my favorite movie of the year.

SpokeValley
10-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Oh yeah, that too :)

I heard it was a book, so wanted to read the book the first before seeing the movie. So had sort of forgot about seeing the film. Maybe I should skip the book and go straight to the movie.

The book has more twists; I read it first. But the movie is good.

Jaq
10-13-2015, 07:20 PM
The book has more twists; I read it first. But the movie is good.

Read the book, then a friend gave me the audiobook. Forget the narrator's name for the audio, but it was great. I almost don't want to see the movie now.

douglas
10-14-2015, 07:08 AM
I agree with the Meru recommendation--excellent film.

cdn_bacon
10-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Love that poster. very creative and well thought out :hello: