PDA

View Full Version : OT: VW Touareg TDI cheating as well?

SoCalSteve
10-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Hi all,

I've always thought a great car to own would be the TDI Touareg. I owned a V8 gas version for many years and besides the miserable city gas mileage, it was a great car to drive. Oh yeah, went through brakes and tires like crazy too. But, it was an amazing hauler and super solid road feel.

Is it part of the recall? I never saw anything regarding the Touareg in any of the news reports, just the smaller TDI cars and sports wagon.

As always, thanks in advance!

Steve

shovelhd
10-07-2015, 11:09 AM
The Toureg uses a different diesel motor than the other cars and VW says that it is not affected. This has not been verified by an independent party though.

FlashUNC
10-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Any of the urea injection motors are not affected.

bcroslin
10-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Toureg is not on the list

shovelhd
10-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Any of the urea injection motors are not affected.

Not true. The 2013 Passat and all 2015 Golfs are affected.

palincss
10-07-2015, 12:33 PM
Affected but it's unclear exactly why. If the cheat subroutine is present in the software but the car doesn't need it to pass emissions, why is it there??? I've seen no explanation. As for the 2016s, I believe they're simply being held hostage.

slinkywizard
10-07-2015, 12:48 PM
The Touareg has a 3l V6 TDI if I'm not mistaken...not sure why, but these do not seem affected. Don't ask me why though...:confused:

shovelhd
10-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Affected but it's unclear exactly why. If the cheat subroutine is present in the software but the car doesn't need it to pass emissions, why is it there??? I've seen no explanation. As for the 2016s, I believe they're simply being held hostage.

We don't know why any of them have the cheat code. We won't know definitively until those that were involved start talking. Everything else is speculation

The 2016's have the code which is why they are being held hostage.