PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have some Eriksen Ti stem feedback?

kohlboto
10-06-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm considering a Titanium stem for the Hampsten to go along with my newly acquired Eriksen sweetpost. I know Moots is the default Ti stem choice, but I'm wondering about Eriksen's offerings as well. Does anyone with an Eriksen care to chime in? maybe post a pic? I'm wondering what they look like as the internet doesn't really offer anything definitive.
any experiences, ponderings, visuals, or insights would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Jay

velotel
10-07-2015, 12:06 AM
Kent doesn't build them, decided there was nothing new/better he could add, just do the same that Moots is doing, so didn't see any reason to build them

rodcad
10-07-2015, 05:39 AM
FWIW, I love my Moots post.

veloduffer
10-07-2015, 06:22 AM
My Ericksen came built with an Enve stem. If you want custom, Jim Kish makes nice titanium stems. Otherwise, you'll be fine with a Moots.

FWIW I prefer the Ericksen Sweetpost clamp design over the Moots design. So simple yet solid.

tigoat
10-07-2015, 06:56 AM
I think it was available recently so it would be hard to find some pictures of it. I believe that it uses the same clamps from paragon that many others are using. Mootsmakes their own stem clamps so they are one of a kind. So is Seven. Firefly, Potts, Kish, Eriksen, etc. are making Ti stems with the same clamps so there are some choices there.

rwerkudara
10-07-2015, 07:02 AM
On his website under bikes>road (http://kenteriksen.com/bikes/road/) there are pictures of a road bike with his stem. Looks a lot like the moots stem but with an eriksen faceplate.