PDA

View Full Version : First ride with the 11 month old

Dekonick
05-17-2006, 03:33 PM
HE LOVED IT!

I think I like riding with a child in tow more than solo!

93legendti
05-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Very cool! How long did your child last in the trailer?

TimB
05-18-2006, 06:20 AM
Very cool. I have a month or so to wait yet until I can tow Annika.

Monday after I got home from work I was putzing in the basement when Sophia (3-1/2) asked me when we could go for a ride in the trailer again. It's all good!

(A small hint for later: make sure you have a destination. One reason Sophia likes to ride in the trailer is our usual ride makes a trip to the playground where she can play, then we either have a picnic or go get a bagel or other 'treat' on the way home.)

Dekonick
05-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Good advice!

First ride he lasted about 45 minutes....

The second ride about an hour -

What I find interesting is what seems to bother him. He doesnt like bumps (go figure) and seems to complain a bit when I go over bridges. Unfortunately, he also complains when I hit ~15 mph or faster (wind?)

I just love having him in tow so I dont mind... Every minute with the rugrat is a minute well spent. :banana:

Being a dad is great! :D

93legendti
05-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Try letting some air out of the tires on the trailer--5 psi less made a big difference for my daughter. Do you have the canopy up or down? My daughter loves the wind in her face/hair so we leave the canopy up...good luck!

Dekonick
05-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Ill try it enclosed, but he seems to enjoy the view with it open. I am fine with 15mph - It would be nice to go faster... perhaps when he gets more used to the feeling. I am going to try a 45-50 min ride out, eat lunch, and then 45-50 minutes back. I know that eventually he will like 2-3 hour rides... I hope...

I have to say I was suprised at how easy hauling a little one feels! - hills are definitely more work, but on flats the extra 50lbs is barely noticed.

Thanks again for the hints. Advice is always welcome. :)