PDA

View Full Version : Vecchio's slide show on riding in the Alps

velotel
10-04-2015, 03:27 AM
plus book signing if anyone wants. All happening Friday evening 6 November at Vecchio's in Boulder if anyone in the area is interested. Slide show will be all about lots of different rides (what else would it be of course) here in the Alps with an emphasis on roads and cols that aren't particularly well known. Later on in the month I'll confirm the evening but apparently that's when it will be as of today. I'll definitely have shots from Italy too, for those who have a preference for all things italian. Two shots from Italy just for a taster

flydhest
10-04-2015, 05:41 AM
Very cool

oldpotatoe
10-04-2015, 06:30 AM
plus book signing if anyone wants. All happening Friday evening 6 November at Vecchio's in Boulder if anyone in the area is interested. Slide show will be all about lots of different rides (what else would it be of course) here in the Alps with an emphasis on roads and cols that aren't particularly well known. Later on in the month I'll confirm the evening but apparently that's when it will be as of today. I'll definitely have shots from Italy too, for those who have a preference for all things italian. Two shots from Italy just for a taster

If I ain't 'mannying', I'll be there Hank..with cheap beer, cuz you get spoiled in Europe and all.

Cicli
10-04-2015, 06:35 AM
Cool, I was hoping to get to Boulder and check out the shop. I want some of that bar tape. Can I just call?

oldpotatoe
10-04-2015, 06:36 AM
Cool, I was hoping to get to Boulder and check out the shop. I want some of that bar tape. Can I just call?

The 'Vecchio's' bar tape is no more, unfortunately.

Cicli
10-04-2015, 06:37 AM

Oh well.

jr59
10-04-2015, 07:23 AM

That darn Potter! ;)

weisan
10-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Velo pal, what you think about coming over to Austin and do a similar gig at a bike shop like Mellow Johnny's or a book store like Book People which had a history of bringing eclectic authors and book lovers together.

http://auth.lessnetworks.com/images/hotspotLogo/_md_BookPeople.gif
http://www.bookpeople.com

I don't know what their schedule is, I think it's worth calling ahead.

Wei San

velotel
10-04-2015, 03:36 PM
An interesting idea in theory but also thoroughly unrealistic. Like I'm in the states for a week (for my son's birthday) and just to cover the cost of flying down and back I'd have to sell one heck of a lot of books, a totally unrealistic hope given how many I've sold here on the forum to an audience that is totally into riding cool places. If my ex-girlfriend was still there and not married, a trip there could indeed be interesting but...

oldpotatoe
10-05-2015, 06:16 AM
An interesting idea in theory but also thoroughly unrealistic. Like I'm in the states for a week (for my son's birthday) and just to cover the cost of flying down and back I'd have to sell one heck of a lot of books, a totally unrealistic hope given how many I've sold here on the forum to an audience that is totally into riding cool places. If my ex-girlfriend was still there and not married, a trip there could indeed be interesting but...

:eek: