PDA

View Full Version : Bloomin' Metric: It ain't the Nottrott...

Kevan
05-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Staying local, any of youz attending this Sunday's event?

PaulE
05-17-2006, 12:04 PM
and will probably start the ride about 7:30. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Sandy
05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Staying local, any of youz attending this Sunday's event?

Are you going to miss me?? :rolleyes:

Your Bud

Jeff Weir
05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Sandy,
We will each have a picture of you taped to our helmets.
Kevan might put it down his shorts, but that's another matter altogether.
Jeff

christian
05-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I'll be there, hopefully starting around 7:00am. I ride a yellow Pegoretti Palosanto and my wife rides a brown Vanilla. We'll be doing the Metric route.

- Christian

Kevan
05-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Gotta beat the crowds at this point, the event has become so popular.

Paul, hope to see you out there. What will you be riding?

Christian, I'll keep an eye peeled for the Peg and Vanilla.

Sandy, of course I'll miss you. Just so you know, Jeff's been making the moves on me.

Jeff, In my bra.

I'll be riding with some neighbors and with Mikemets. Well, that is he will if he doesn't catch wind of this thread first.

Jeff Weir
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Is it going to be the push-up or strapless?

Kevan
05-17-2006, 03:56 PM
FYI

For those using Metro North -

As in past years - bike rules are waived on morning trains from GCT and returning trains between 12 & 5.

The MNRR notice is attached

This message has 1 attachment(s). To view these files, click on the links below.
If you have any problems viewing or downloading attachments, please contact Active.com customer support at support@active.com.

1. http://www.active.com//irismail/view_event_attachment.cfm?evt=1266541&aid=32330&h=47EEBA378C1EEB2528169C40C01E5751

Kevan
05-21-2006, 05:22 PM
depending on the weather being served during the event it can either be somewhat of a miserable experience, like last year's. Or... the weather can be spot on perfect like it was today and the Bloomin' is in all its glory.

The Bloomin' was perfect. Blue skies, a morning chill requiring a vest and warmers, but an hour in we were striped to the jersey with big wades in our back pockets. Today's ride was a million buck experience.

Sorry to say I didn't meet the other members of the forum (I did keep an eye peeled.), ceptin' my pal Mikemets who scorched the course.

Bed time: 8:30

Sandy
05-21-2006, 06:22 PM
depending on the weather being served during the event it can either be somewhat of a miserable experience, like last year's. Or... the weather can be spot on perfect like it was today and the Bloomin' is in all its glory.

The Bloomin' was perfect. Blue skies, a morning chill requiring a vest and warmers, but an hour in we were striped to the jersey with big wades in our back pockets. Today's ride was a million buck experience.

Sorry to say I didn't meet the other members of the forum (I did keep an eye peeled.), ceptin' my pal Mikemets who scorched the course.

Bed time: 8:30

I'll be there by 8:25. ;) ;)

;) Sleeping Snoring Snugling Serotta Sandy ;)

PaulE
05-22-2006, 08:11 AM
When I finished I saw your Calfee on the ground and your mug by the food a little after 12:00. I was starved so I had to get some food before saying hello. After I got my food though, you were gone.

ClutchCargo
05-22-2006, 03:42 PM
I rode in the Bloomin' yesterday too. I somehow missed this post before the ride tho. bummer. but what a glorious, sunny, rolling ride up and around the reservoirs. 100k and almost 3000' of climbing. way cool!

Kevan
05-22-2006, 04:04 PM
One of the things the Connecticut cycling club - The Sound Cyclists - does well is organize a terrific ride. They print different cue sheets for the different length rides, complete with map on one side and directions on the other. Course, they do such a good job marking the roads, you don't even need the cue sheets to refer to, but that's a different matter. The food stops... let me stop here so others from around the country.... no, the world... reading this can discover what it takes to provide the perfect food stop. I'm not just talking cold Gaterade, or bananas here! I'm talking PB&J sandwiches made on raisin-cinnamon bread! If your local club isn't doing this for your big seasonal event, slap the origanizer hard, after removing his helmet. This stuff, along with the trays of quartered oranges and really good cookies of varying types, freakin' rocks.

I get to add another cool T-shirt to my collection of scad-zillion, they throw some swag at you at the beginning, there's a collection of steeds you'll see out there that'll keep you entertained, whatelse??? I dunno... I'll leave that to someone else to add.