View Full Version : OT: Toronto Blue Jays

ntb1001
09-30-2015, 10:10 PM
The Jays win the American League East Pennant.:D:D:D:D

Let's hope they can keep going!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/30/ee9e89c9605efb594103798a3b11d25c.jpg

many_styles
10-01-2015, 02:52 AM
As an A's fan, I'm hoping for a Jays vs Mets WS!

oldpotatoe
10-01-2015, 06:04 AM
The Jays win the American League East Pennant.:D:D:D:D

Let's hope they can keep going!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/30/ee9e89c9605efb594103798a3b11d25c.jpg

Bet Tulo is smiling!

Rockies, what a bunch of bums.

ntb1001
10-01-2015, 06:32 AM
Bet Tulo is smiling!

Rockies, what a bunch of bums.
Yeah...even though he has been out with a cracked shoulder. I think they said he will be back for post season though.
Price has been an amazing pitcher, great addition, and Donaldson...wow. This has been a great team since August.

oldpotatoe
10-01-2015, 06:37 AM
Yeah...even though he has been out with a cracked shoulder. I think they said he will be back for post season though.
Price has been an amazing pitcher, great addition, and Donaldson...wow. This has been a great team since August.

Yup, CarGo needs to go, Rockies need to get some decent starting pitching and the bullpen smells to high heaven. Arenado is going to get expensive now too. Newer, more humble Tulo.

Well, there is always next year. Surprised Weiss is staying.

Good for Toronto-be great to see a non US team win it all.

ntb1001
10-01-2015, 06:44 AM
Yup, CarGo needs to go, Rockies need to get some decent starting pitching and the bullpen smells to high heaven. Arenado is going to get expensive now too. Newer, more humble Tulo.

Well, there is always next year. Surprised Weiss is staying.

Good for Toronto-be great to see a non US team win it all.
I hope so...it was crazy here when they won the world series back to back...but that was 22 years ago. Fan support has been nothing but incredible since all the deals were made...sell out every game. Every bar has the game on..everywhere. I can just imagine how nuts this town would be if the Leafs every do anything...but I don't think we have ti worry about that for the next decade or 2.;)

thunderworks
10-01-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm a hardcore Royals fan, but right now at least, Toronto looks like a very, very good team, and far better than the Royals. The Jays have been the best team for the last 4 weeks. The Royals have been bad.

Obviously anything can happen in a " best of" series, but the Jays should go a long way in the post season.

makoti
10-01-2015, 08:17 AM
I'm a hardcore Royals fan, but right now at least, Toronto looks like a very, very good team, and far better than the Royals. The Jays have been the best team for the last 4 weeks. The Royals have been bad.

Obviously anything can happen in a " best of" series, but the Jays should go a long way in the post season.

Royals fan here, too. Last year was magic, and I'm happy they've proved the "experts" wrong and won the division, but I'm not expecting them to get past the Jays. They are playing some good baseball right now, and we are playing really bad. Ever since we got Cuerto. Messing with clubhouse chemistry? Or coincidence?

rugbysecondrow
10-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Blue Jays? Blue Jays?

No offense to anybody who is a Blue Jays fan, but I can't imagine anything worse than a Blue Jays play off run, ending with a WS win. There would be about 3 people watching that, all of them Canadian.

With that said, Go Cubbies. If they can stay hot, that would be a huge shot in the arm to the MLB Playoffs.

rugbysecondrow
10-01-2015, 08:36 AM

This is just yucky. It made me feel dirty to read it.

ntb1001
10-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Blue Jays? Blue Jays?

No offense to anybody who is a Blue Jays fan, but I can't imagine anything worse than a Blue Jays play off run, ending with a WS win. There would be about 3 people watching that, all of them Canadian.

With that said, Go Cubbies. If they can stay hot, that would be a huge shot in the arm to the MLB Playoffs.
Fans of a real baseball team are Blue Jays fans.

rugbysecondrow
10-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Fans of a real baseball team are Blue Jays fans.

Haha.

They still play on carpet, right? No daylight, no breeze...that ain't real baseball. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ntb1001
10-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Haha.

They still play on carpet, right? No daylight, no breeze...that ain't real baseball. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Getting really grass in a year..and lots of air and sunlight when the dome is open....nice having a sunroof.

many_styles
10-01-2015, 10:28 AM
This is just yucky. It made me feel dirty to read it.

Ha, why? The A's are out and I still miss Donaldson and Cespy!

RonW87
10-01-2015, 02:05 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the three-headed monster (Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion) can keep up the offensive production against the better pitching of the other playoff teams. I think, in the end, we go as far as Price, Stroman and Dickey can take us.

Quilts
10-01-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm more excited to watch the playoff's than I've been for some time. It's nice to see some other teams (Mets, Jays, Pirates, Astros, etc.) doing well and kicking out some of the perennial contenders.

veggieburger
10-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I hope so...it was crazy here when they won the world series back to back...but that was 22 years ago.

I remember when Joe Carter smacked that home run. Amazing. Haven't been much of a fan since then, but boy o boy, might have to dust off my old Tony Fernandez jersey!

many_styles
10-01-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm more excited to watch the playoff's than I've been for some time. It's nice to see some other teams (Mets, Jays, Pirates, Astros, etc.) doing well and kicking out some of the perennial contenders.

Exactly!

93legendti
10-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Congrats to the Jays!

Grant McLean
10-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I think, in the end, we go as far as Price, Stroman and Dickey can take us.

Completely agree, but maybe add a few names from the bullpen.
Cecil and Osuna have been seller, but those boys are going to be tested.
Loupe, Sanchez, and Lowe are a crapshoot.

-g

nighthawk
10-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Chris Colabello's father was my high school baseball coach so I've been a Jays fan since they picked him up. I also spend a month each year working in Canada so get to watch a good stretch of the games. Since the Sox (red) are a dud this year it has been really fun watching the Jays take care of business. I'll be rooting for them in the playoffs for sure!

zzy
10-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Not only are the Jays kicking ass, they've put up some of the best offensive numbers in baseball history. Their run differential is the second highest IIRC. Whatever your feelings about Canada, they've been hugely fun to watch this year. Am dying for a Mets/Jays WS.

donevwil
10-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Go "players-who-were-A's-in-their-prime", granted every post season team has at least one, that's what we do.

FL_MarkD
10-01-2015, 08:36 PM
As a Rays fan I am not surprised they had a below average year. I will be at the game Saturday vs the Blue Jays. The Blue Jays have the spring training in the same area and there are plenty of Canadiens here all year round, eh.

Happy for Blue Jays fans, I know how great if feels to have a winning team to cheer for in the post-season. And I am really happy they beat out the Red Sox and Yankees :)

I was a Cubs fan growing up, then a Rays fan when they came to St. Pete. So I know about losing. :crap:

All of you with teams in the playoffs, enjoy!

pdonk
10-02-2015, 05:43 AM
Life long fan. Was at last home game of season - amazing. Have seats in the 500s for the first playoff game, can't wait. Will be taking ear plugs it gets loud.

Not that happy with strategy of sitting players. Want them to have best record and momentum going in.

William
10-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Awesome!

~but~

If you believe in the Taylor Swift curse they could be headed for trouble...

http://time.com/4057722/taylor-swift-baseball-curse/
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/10/taylor-swift-baseball-curse/408505/

:D

William

gjc985
10-02-2015, 06:49 AM
they were just playing kawasaki soundbites on the radio in Boston and I must say that guys a f-ing riot

Mr. Pink
10-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Yankee fan here that has been saying for a month that Toronto is the best team he has watched all summer, but, obviously, I'm much more exposed to AL east coverage. Awesome offense, but, great defense, too. Bautista has a rifle for an arm.