PDA

View Full Version : Dura Ace 7950 crankset, 165 mm, 34/50 -- mint -- Shimano's last 110 BCD

09-29-2015, 08:19 PM
This crankset is quite hard to find because it's not only the most durable finish on any Dura Ace crankset, but it's also the last of the 5-bolt 110 BCD cranksets. If you want the ultimate in a cross crankset and be able to use all the Praxis, Wickwerks and other custom chainrings on it, this is the one. It also comes with Shimano's hollow chainring design so it's both stiffer and lighter -- basically the same as the current 9000 crankset without the limitation of the 900's four-bolt design. This one was installed on a road bike, ridden on two rides, and removed. As a result, it's in mint condition, no heel rub, barely visible marks on the chainring teeth. The front of the crank arms and rings are finished in a chromed plating, rendering them far more resistant to wear than the paint on the 9000 crankset. This is completely compatible with any 9, 10 or 11 speed Shimano or SRAM drive system.

In addition, this listing includes a pair of the superb Praxis cross chainrings in 36/46, compatible with 9, 10, and 11 speed systems, that includes the finishing trim caps that make the crank arm spider blend smoothly into the rings. You can use those caps with these chainrings or with any flat chainring design in a 110 BCD. If you want the perfect cross setup, those rings and this crankset are it.

All told, this is the perfect crankset for your high-end cross or gravel rig, or for road use. The Praxis adapters are no longer available and the 7950 cranksets are hard to find and very pricey. The combined price for this is $445. The crankset alone goes for north of $250 in ratty condition and the chainring plus adapter set was $260. This is a one-of-a-kind offering. Please inquire with any questions, and thanks for looking.

10-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Resorting this a bit, I'm happy to offer the crankset alone. I'll also offer the Praxis spider adapters separately so if you buy the crankset, you can get these adapters without having to get the 36/46 Praxis rings. The adapters only fit the 7950 cranks but make them truly elegant if you ever use regular flat aftermarket chainrings (Wickwerks, Praxis, TA, whatever).

Who can benefit in particular from these cranks and these adapters? Anyone riding cross. Any junior (you can get low-geared rings up front and be able to avoid funky junior cassettes. Anyone looking for a non-standard chainring combination (e.g., 42/50, 42/48, whatever).

If you have an interest in any part of these, please let me know. Thanks.

Look585
10-02-2015, 12:59 AM
Resorting this a bit, I'm happy to offer the crankset alone. I'll also offer the Praxis spider adapters separately so if you buy the crankset, you can get these adapters without having to get the 36/46 Praxis rings. The adapters only fit the 7950 cranks but make them truly elegant if you ever use regular flat aftermarket chainrings (Wickwerks, Praxis, TA, whatever).

Who can benefit in particular from these cranks and these adapters? Anyone riding cross. Any junior (you can get low-geared rings up front and be able to avoid funky junior cassettes. Anyone looking for a non-standard chainring combination (e.g., 42/50, 42/48, whatever).

If you have an interest in any part of these, please let me know. Thanks.
I'll take the praxis spider adapters! PMd

10-03-2015, 08:13 PM
SOLD. Thank you, Paceline!