PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Georgia Public Ride

Bill Bove
03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
From the entry blank: Ride the course that Lance Armstrong and the worlds best cyclists will be riding during stage six of the Tour de Georgia. The Circle The Bald Bike Ride will be held the same day as the tour, but ending in time for participants to be able to watch the highest ranked and largest multi day stage race for pro cyclists on north American soil.

Options: 12 mile gently rolling course or a more challenging, hilly 36 mile course.

Date: April 24th

Info at joanna@webworkz.com
Southern Appalachian Bicycle Association
PO Box 461
Hayesville, NC 28904

Sounds like fun, a couple of my friends and I may drive up and stay with a buddy who lives nearby and do it. Anybody else interested?

M_A_Martin
03-26-2004, 07:26 PM
When do we have to be signed up by? is there a rider limit?

(Yes I've sent for information but I want instant gratification Bill! Details! We need Details!)

:banana:

Bill Bove
03-26-2004, 07:37 PM
All the entry blank says is $20 before 4/17, $25 after the 17th or on site, no mention of any limit. 36 miles seem like a short ride but I'm assured it is a hilly ride. We'll probably drive up on Friday, do the ride, watch the race, hang out, go for a longer ride on Sunday and drive home in time to be fresh faced at work Monday morning. It's about nine hours from here. A mini road trip.