PDA

View Full Version : OT: Day 5

SoCalSteve
09-26-2015, 01:02 PM
Hi all,

Bandages removed, got to shower...:D

I think my wife is going to divorce me. I don't make a very patient patient. There may be a job opening soon to take care of me. Pay is minimal, but you do get to ride any and all of my bicycles ( people under 6' 3" need not apply ).

Steve

soulspinner
09-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Without pics it didn't happen;)

SoCalSteve
09-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Without pics it didn't happen;)

Which part? Shower or divorce...:eek:

soulspinner
09-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Which part? Shower or divorce...:eek:

meant bandages removed........lol

AJosiahK
09-29-2015, 08:40 AM
You got this !

MattTuck
09-29-2015, 08:43 AM
Glad that you're on the mend.

I remember reading an article once about javelin throwers who were injured. One group visualized throwing the javelin during their recovery, and one group did not.

They visualization group came back with a higher level of performance. I'll see if I can find that study.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, take some of your free time and visualize riding a bike :)

jr59
09-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

Bandages removed, got to shower...:D

I think my wife is going to divorce me. I don't make a very patient patient. There may be a job opening soon to take care of me. Pay is minimal, but you do get to ride any and all of my bicycles ( people under 6' 3" need not apply ).

Steve

Does this include driving your cars?

Hang in there. You will be back before you know it.

SoCalSteve
09-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Does this include driving your cars?

Hang in there. You will be back before you know it.

Only for errands, no joy riding. You'd be surprised how many groceries we can get in the " frunk " of the 911.

She hasn't left yet, but still putting people ( over 6' 3" ) on a waiting list to help with my recovery. People will be contacted if and when she leaves me ( it's likely )....:eek:

jr59
09-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Only for errands, no joy riding. You'd be surprised how many groceries we can get in the " frunk " of the 911.

She hasn't left yet, but still putting people ( over 6' 3" ) on a waiting list to help with my recovery. People will be contacted if and when she leaves me ( it's likely )....:eek:

:beer: :hello: for her staying!

:mad::butt: for errands only!

Seeing as I have owned 2 911 SC and a 930, no I would not be surprised at all!

I'm 6'4 so put me on the list! :D

SoCalSteve
09-29-2015, 11:21 AM
:beer: :hello: for her staying!

:mad::butt: for errands only!

Seeing as I have owned 2 911 SC and a 930, no I would not be surprised at all!

I'm 6'4 so put me on the list! :D

Your first on the list, but don't quit your day job. I think the worst of ( me ) is over and she is still sticking around....:D

TimD
09-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Glad that you're on the mend.

I remember reading an article once about javelin throwers who were injured. One group visualized throwing the javelin during their recovery, and one group did not.

They visualization group came back with a higher level of performance. I'll see if I can find that study.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, take some of your free time and visualize riding a bike :)

I'd second this suggestion. While on the mend recently (broken arm) I read up on some mental training practices for athletes. I think it helped quite a bit, both during the recovery and after.

Visualization was a key part of it. Another interesting piece was that at least some experienced pro athletes treat injury and subsequent recovery as part of the deal. They treat it as 'downtime' and use that time to recover and improve in other ways.

teleguy57
09-29-2015, 04:30 PM
I'd second this suggestion. While on the mend recently (broken arm) I read up on some mental training practices for athletes. I think it helped quite a bit, both during the recovery and after.

Visualization was a key part of it. Another interesting piece was that at least some experienced pro athletes treat injury and subsequent recovery as part of the deal. They treat it as 'downtime' and use that time to recover and improve in other ways.

First, glad to hear of the continued progress, SoCalSteve! And no comments about physical torture, so that must be going decently.

I'm only 6' (probably closer to 5'11" at age 61 vs my younger me) so I guess I don't qualify to drive your cars....

@TimD, and specific books/articles you'd recommend for SoCalSteve (and the rest of us)?

SoCalSteve
09-29-2015, 06:12 PM
First, glad to hear of the continued progress, SoCalSteve! And no comments about physical torture, so that must be going decently.

I'm only 6' (probably closer to 5'11" at age 61 vs my younger me) so I guess I don't qualify to drive your cars....

@TimD, and specific books/articles you'd recommend for SoCalSteve (and the rest of us)?

The height requirement is for riding my 62 cm bicycles, not my small sports car. So, I can put you 2nd on the list if riding my bikes are not so important...:rolleyes:

Thank you so much for the well wishes! The PT is painful and scary, but it's slowly getting better...and ice has become my new best friend. The ice circulating machine gets its work out pretty much all day.

Ken Robb
09-29-2015, 06:12 PM

I think he meant no one under 6'3 would fit on his bikes.

SoCalSteve
09-29-2015, 07:17 PM
I think he meant no one under 6'3 would fit on his bikes.

Beat ya to it!....:beer:

Ken Robb
09-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Beat ya to it!....:beer:
by a thin blonde one

SpeedyChix
09-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Hang in there and keep looking forward.
Be nice to your caregiver, they have a hard job too.

SoCalSteve
09-30-2015, 10:48 AM
Hang in there and keep looking forward.
Be nice to your caregiver, they have a hard job too.

By caregiver, you mean my wife? We made it past week one, this week is much better. I think we are finding our rhythm. She is working from home and taking care of me, both full time jobs!....:no:

And, thank you for the positive and kind words! Much appreciated!!!