PDA

View Full Version : Building wheels again..

tuscanyswe
09-26-2015, 08:47 AM
So I'm about to attempt another wheel build, haven't build a lot of wheels but I thought i might as well start to try and build as its kinda fun to do all your own bike stuff.

Figured i should just double check with the gurus on here before i order some spokes.

What spoke lengths do you get for 36h open pro rims with record hubs 3cross (the 99-2007 kinds) for front and rear wheels?

Im not as lazy as you might think cause i have calculated and come up with some numbers myself i just want to confirm the lengths that i got with your reponses (yeah i believe in the good hearts of the forum to take the time to come up with some) :beer:

Thanks!

oldpotatoe
09-26-2015, 08:55 AM
so i'm about to attempt another wheel build, haven't build a lot of wheels but i thought i might as well start to try and build as its kinda fun to do all your own bike stuff.

Figured i should just double check with the gurus on here before i order some spokes.

What spoke lengths do you get for 36h open pro rims with record hubs 3cross (the 99-2007 kinds) for front and rear wheels?

Im not as lazy as you might think cause i have calculated and come up with some numbers myself i just want to confirm the lengths that i got with your reponses (yeah i believe in the good hearts of the forum to take the time to come up with some) :beer:

Thanks!

290/292, 293 is what I get.

tuscanyswe
09-26-2015, 09:01 AM
290/292, 293 is what I get.

Many thanks spud!

I can now order spokes with peace of mind !
I got close enough and since rounding up thats the best option.

Edit: hmm did you change your response potato? now I'm confused :)

oldpotatoe
09-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Many thanks spud!

I can now order spokes with peace of mind !
I got close enough and since rounding up thats the best option.

Edit: hmm did you change your response potato? now I'm confused :)

I've always used 602mm ERD, measured with Wheelsmith rods, calc. and round up. And 46mm RH flange rear but spokes are cut plus/minus 1mm so....

tuscanyswe
09-26-2015, 10:00 AM
Yeah after some goggling it seems that both 602 and 605 are used as ERD for these rims depending on who you ask. But il go your route.

Thanks
B