PDA

View Full Version : For you Chicagoans - New shop

AJosiahK
09-25-2015, 11:23 AM
New shop opening up on the Bloomingdale path, right smack in the middle. I believe the N/S street is California. Check it out!

Yes shameless plug, my brother is one of the founders. They opened up early this year in a space on the southern tip of Humboldt park but will be finishing the move this weekend to the new spot.

They should be ready to roll end of next week. Super excited for him
Just thought I would share with you folks

Cheers!

Will post a website addy soon

Shop is called BlackCat1

gavingould
09-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Cool- I'll have to go by and check it out.

charliedid
09-25-2015, 08:27 PM
I wish them luck, Chicago has gotten really competitive again for shops. Any idea what bike lines they will carry?

AJosiahK
09-26-2015, 06:13 PM
I wish them luck, Chicago has gotten really competitive again for shops. Any idea what bike lines they will carry?

thanks guys

not sure as for brands. Likely supplier brands like Surly to start with. He has already done some custom builds of a Crosscheck and ECR more recently.

Currently moving into that new space, so retail side wont be set up 100% for another week or so.

cheers

geeter
09-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Awesome! We need more shops that cater to the adventure crowd and this sounds like it might fit that. Post some more info when its available!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

AJosiahK
11-18-2015, 05:48 PM
Lights are on and beers In the fridge !

Stop by if only to say hi

AJK

oliver1850
11-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Hope they can find their niche. The shops I've been to in the area are oriented towards SS and commuters.

http://blackcat1.com/