PDA

View Full Version : Big Ring Bike Insurance

roadie7
09-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Good morning-- I saw an ad for Big Ring Bike Insurance and was wondering if anyone has used them. In fact, I was wondering if people's home insurance covers your bike or if folks have other insurance policies on their bikes.

Thanks.

berserk87
09-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Typical home owner's policies will cover your bike against fire and theft. Coverage gets murkier from there, depending on what policy you have purchased. Most won't cover your bike if you crash or are hit by a car.

If you are hit by a car and it is the driver's fault, the driver's insurance should provide coverage for your injury as well as your bike.

Your auto insurance may provide coverage if you are struck by a motor vehicle, via Medical Payments Coverage or Personal Injury Protection (for medical bills), if you carry it. That coverage is there for you regardless of fault in the accident.

If the driver is at fault and does not have insurance, you may have some coverage via your auto policy's Uninsured Motorist provision (if you carry this).

I'm assuming that Big Ring expands coverage to your bike due to crashes/spills and such? I have not checked into this.