PDA

View Full Version : recurring bicycling subscription??

vqdriver
09-24-2015, 07:14 PM
i guess i neglected to read the fine print during some Active.com registration process and agreed to a recurring subscription to bicycling. i vaguely recall something about a 3 month trial offer and carelessly assumed that i was just stuck on their list when i kept receiving the mags. i've also continued to receive other magazines for a few months with the 'final issue' cover on them in an attempt to get me to renew.

i don't necessarily have anything against bicycling mag and it's kind of fun to flip thru while my kids do the same with nat geo so i never paid much mind to it. cc statement show my 'renewal' however and it lists bicycling the mag and the merchant info as 'active magazine sub'. googling that brings up the the yelp page for their san diego office which is littered with angry 1 star reviews for this same thing.

not a huge deal that will bankrupt me and a quick phone call fixed it. but you know, keep it in mind if you've ever registered for an event with active.

palincss
09-24-2015, 09:03 PM
And that's why I always say 'no' to those offers.

bcroslin
09-24-2015, 09:28 PM
I just signed up for 6 gap and they had the same offer that I declined. It's not a bad deal provided you remember to cancel the subscription.