PDA

View Full Version : I've got to figure out a way to get to the FInger Lakes Ramble

Bruce K
05-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Given the number of events I'm planning to ride in and the time on the bike, I had been planning to not go to Dr. Brook's this summer so as to keep my marriage and business partnership intact.

But I am beginning to experience Forum Gathering Withdrawal and may have to change my thinking.

So:

1. Who from the Boston area is going out to the event?

2. Does anyone have a spare motel bed they want to "rent" out?

I might have to do a lot of 'splainin' to my wife and business partner to make this happen, but this just sounds like way too much fun.

BK

William
05-16-2006, 10:57 AM
I'll be heading out to hook up with Ahneida and then onward to the TdFL. I can't help you on a room but I could share a ride out if needed.

William

RABikes2
05-16-2006, 11:51 AM
I'll be heading out to hook up with Ahneida and then onward to the TdFL. I can't help you on a room but I could share a ride out if needed.

William
Hey Cuz,
I guess it would be "out of the way" to ask if you could swing down to north Florida and pick me and the bike up on your way to TdFL? :rolleyes: :p
I, like Bruce, am having "Forum Gathering Withdrawal". :crap:
RA

OldDog
05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I feel your pain Bruce. I'm still look'n for someone to go on vacation with my wife so I can attend!

I thought about taking a picture of me and my ride, have a big cardboard poster made and ask Douglas to place me on his porch. Maybe a tape player in loop mode of me saying something semi-intellegent. "Hi, I'm OldDog. Nice bike ya have there, are those 650b Dugast's under those Honjo's?"

:rolleyes:

dbrk
05-16-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm having Nottrott withdrawal and, of course, Ottrott in Francaise...sigh. But I can promise you I'll be here for the Ramble. If anyone needs help with accommodations, please write to me. In July we will take a head count poll, 'cause I have to figure out just how much curry (to say nothing of kool aid) I need to make for Saturday evening. I'm working too on having some fun stuff, like ball caps and tees from a few of our favorite builders.

This throws the thread but you gotta have a look at the latest thing Chris has made. Toss aways yer Kashimax thingamagig and lace up one of these: http://velo-orange.blogspot.com/2006/05/top-tube-protector.html

Also, first long ride on the new Legend Ti this morning. Full report to follow. If I had more than two thumbs they would be up too.

See'ya'all in August. ml yo
dbrk

William
05-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey Cuz,
I guess it would be "out of the way" to ask if you could swing down to north Florida and pick me and the bike up on your way to TdFL? :rolleyes: :p
I, like Bruce, am having "Forum Gathering Withdrawal". :crap:
RA

For you Cuz.....Anything! :D

Cuz William

shinomaster
05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I really really really want to come back to the Empire State to ride with you guys.

William
05-16-2006, 12:35 PM
I really really really want to come back to the Empire State to ride with you guys.

ROAD TRIP!!!! :banana:

William ;)