PDA

View Full Version : Any love for Assos T.Neopro S7 bibs?

paredown
09-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Just got an email from Ribble on discounted Assos...

The Assos T.Neopro S7 are the bibs I could afford. Currently I am using an older pair of Mille (thick pad) and a pair of the older Series (2nd tier Assos).

Just wondered if anyone is using the Neopro and what they think?

cinema
09-23-2015, 09:49 AM
They are great bibs, totally worth the sale price. I tried them on but had to return them. if they fit you go for it. I'm normally an S, but Assos says to size up, but i tried the medium and it was too big. tried the small and was too small. :mad:

ptourkin
09-23-2015, 09:49 AM
Haven't used the neopro but I am wondering if others have had issues regarding durability with the S7 series pads? I have experienced disappointing breakdown in the pad of my centos that I don't recall occurring with the turquoise S5s.

MattTuck
09-23-2015, 10:06 AM
They are great bibs, totally worth the sale price. I tried them on but had to return them. if they fit you go for it. I'm normally an S, but Assos says to size up, but i tried the medium and it was too big. tried the small and was too small. :mad:

:)

http://wwwcache.wralsportsfan.com/asset/voices/2015/02/06/14428610/doesn_t_make_any_sense-245x138.gif

CSTRider
09-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Haven't used the neopro but I am wondering if others have had issues regarding durability with the S7 series pads? I have experienced disappointing breakdown in the pad of my centos that I don't recall occurring with the turquoise S5s.

What's going on with your pad? Problem with the fabric surface or something else?

I use my Centos for 3+ hour rides, and the chamois is holding up great. For me, the pad a HUGE step above the S5 Campionissmo, Mille, and Uno. I also hand wash all my gear, so don't know if that's a factor.

If you're dissatisfied, contact Assos - given the cost, they should last MUCH longer than a single season.

eippo1
09-23-2015, 11:48 AM
I'll echo what others have said. I wear medium in S5, but found that it was too tight/ compressive in the S7 for my taste. Was going to try some Larges, but ended up with some L Zanc TexMarket bibs instead and now don't need new bibs.

christian
09-23-2015, 12:13 PM
I have the second tier "long ride/fat guy" bib. They are ok but too much pad. I prefer my Castellis.

zap
09-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Second season S7 Equipe user. The bibs are holding up very well....best bibs ever....for me.

ptourkin
09-23-2015, 01:27 PM
What's going on with your pad? Problem with the fabric surface or something else?

I use my Centos for 3+ hour rides, and the chamois is holding up great. For me, the pad a HUGE step above the S5 Campionissmo, Mille, and Uno. I also hand wash all my gear, so don't know if that's a factor.

If you're dissatisfied, contact Assos - given the cost, they should last MUCH longer than a single season.

Yeah, deterioration of the pad. I bought them for last years' 508, so they've been on long rides. I wore S5s instead this year. Always handwash in Dr. Bronner's. I will contact them, although I got that pair from Bellati, so I hope there aren't greymarket issues.

makoti
09-23-2015, 01:36 PM
I got this email, also. Jumped at the chance to get the Equipe at a decent price. I wear M in just about everything except Castelli and the one pair of Sportfull I own (both are M, but I could easily go L). I looked at the sizing scale & decided to go L in these. Fingers crossed. Unless shipping is very fast, they will arrive right after I leave for a 2 week bike trip. :(

Avincent52
09-23-2015, 01:56 PM
FWIW, the Assos outlet seems to be having a sale too.
When I missed out on a pair of Rapha Team Sky training bibs (Great bibs, btw, with the excellent Cytech chamois) I searched Assos just for amusement.

I saw the Neopros, which seem to be a good value for money.
I also found the S5 F1 Milles in black, regular length with the aqua cyctech chamois for $154.

Ordered them on Sunday night, got here from Europe by Tuesday morning via Fed Ex ($7 shipping or so)

Just got back from my first ride with them, and I'm very happy with the fit.
They're every bit as good as the Raphas. I was wondering about the "regular length" but they fit me fine, hitting just above the knee like the Raphas.
I'm 5'10" and I wear an XL.

earlfoss
09-30-2015, 12:56 PM
I think if you can afford to upgrade to the next level they offer, it's worth the cash. I got a pair of the NeoPro bibs and the fit and chamois is good but the material feels thin and not quite the quality of stretch and elasticity I was expecting from Assos. There are probably better bib options in the $120 price range.

Granted, this is my initial review after unboxing and trying on. I'm planning to ride this evening and see how they compare to my higher-zoot Assos bibs.

makoti
09-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Follow-up to my post above... ordered from ribble on the 23rd. Delivered today to the East Coast! One week. Not bad at all.

Vamoots58
09-30-2015, 04:13 PM
LOVE the T.Centos and the Campionissimos are outstanding as well. I was concerned at first as the pad on the Campionissimos is quite a bit lighter than the Centos, but I actually find them more comfortable!!

LJohnny
09-30-2015, 05:26 PM
I find the Cento's pad too thick and not very comfy because for me they bunch and rub. But this may not be the case for other users. The Equipe is almost ideal, it is the same pad as that of the Tiburu.
If someone was on the fence as to which s7 bib to try, I would wholeheartedly recommend the Equipe. At the last sale price is a no-brainer. Another bib that I like is the 7mesh MKI, but wish they had more compression. The pad works great. From the same manufacturer of the Assos pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk