PDA

View Full Version : Communication Breakdown - only my issue, or commonplace?

beeemmjay
09-19-2015, 01:01 PM
It's a better lyric than it is a reality when dealing on the classifieds!
As a relatively new member, I've had some really great interaction with the forum so far (looking at you adhumston, and others), the flip side of that coin is that I've also been flat out ghosted. I'll play the role of the big guy, and won't name drop, but boy, is it ever ironic to do just a cursory search of bad communication, only to find a post by that very same senior member recounting their own experience of 'no response'.

All this to say that a simple 'yes' or 'no' is always appreciated, but in some cases appears to be too much to ask for.

To those out there, I'll end my venting by saying: treat those around you as you'd like to treated yourself. It's a an age old simple practice, but it goes a long way.

phcollard
09-19-2015, 01:20 PM
... treat those around you as you'd like to treated yourself.

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I've had a LOT of great experiences with the fine folks here but I know sometimes a black sheep shows up.

In this digital age there is simply no excuse for not communicating. I would go mad. If that doesn't solve soon I suggest you contact a mod. If that's a recuring issue with that seller I am guessing they will take action.

Joachim
09-19-2015, 01:23 PM
Did you buy something and received no response or did you make an offer or what? For example, super low ball offers get no response from me.

Aaron O
09-19-2015, 01:31 PM
I had my first negative classified experience recently as well. No names - I think he's a good guy who tried being helpful and something I don't know about probably came up. That's against dozens of great ones.

oliver1850
09-19-2015, 02:00 PM
It happens sometimes. I had been communicating with a member here over some weeks when he stopped responding. It's been 10 days since he posted here. Sometimes life (or worse) intervenes. We've had at least one forum member pass away suddenly, leaving paid for parts unshipped.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved.

beeemmjay
09-19-2015, 02:30 PM
My experience may be ongoing- I really couldn't say; and that's where the frustration stems. A member PMd to discuss an item I'm selling- they were very interested, requested quite a lot of extra information, which I provided, and they seemed quite positive in their direction to complete a sale. As soon as they confirmed interest, my follow-up communication was met with silence. I can certainly attest to life getting in the way; nonetheless, a simple no thank you can't be too much to expect- or for that matter a really brief note just saying that something has come up, etc.

Perhaps they'll resurface. I'll be very happy to pick up our conversation where we left off if they do.

Joachim
09-19-2015, 02:38 PM
My experience may be ongoing- I really couldn't say; and that's where the frustration stems. A member PMd to discuss an item I'm selling- they were very interested, requested quite a lot of extra information, which I provided, and they seemed quite positive in their direction to complete a sale. As soon as they confirmed interest, my follow-up communication was met with silence. I can certainly attest to life getting in the way; nonetheless, a simple no thank you can't be too much to expect- or for that matter a really brief note just saying that something has come up, etc.

Perhaps they'll resurface. I'll be very happy to pick up our conversation where we left off if they do.

Then sell it to someone else. It's bike stuff. You are not holding a place for him on the organ donor recipient list. I understand a no or yes will be welcoming, but what you experienced happens all the time. And not just on this classified forum. You don't need to hold the item for him unless that is something you agreed to do. No money has exchanged hands, so just move on.