PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 10 speed-11 speed compatability question

Robbos
09-18-2015, 01:13 PM
So I have a set of Miche Synesi Primato hubs to build up. They're presently sporting a 10 speed shimano compatible freehub, which obviously I'd have to upgrade to the newer 11 speed compatible one if and when I make the upgrade. But I also have a campy freehub, so in theory I could use the campy freehub and run a campy 11 speed cassette with my new 105 or Ultegra transmission, correct? Don't know how it would throw around the derailleur adjustments when swapping for my wheels with an (eventual) 11 speed shimano cassette on DT 240's, but from what I've heard, 11 speed cassettes from all of the big three play well together. Am I getting something wrong here?

shovelhd
09-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Nope. You've got it right as long as the Campy is 11 speed.

Robbos
09-18-2015, 02:21 PM
I know Campy cassettes are generally more expensive that Shimano or SCRAMS, but when you take into account the often very costly freehub replacements, it seems to make more sense to just install a Campy cassette. I've a pair of DT 240's on 10, if I want to go to 11 like quite a few forumites based on the WTB's, the cheapest 240 11 on the interweb runs around $85. Soooo, what is the cheapest 11 speed campy cassette? Or what about cheap compatible versions by BBB, etc?
http://bbbcycling.com/bike-parts/cassettes/BCS-11C

kramnnim
09-18-2015, 02:46 PM
If I see a Chorus cassette with little to no use for $75 or less, I will buy it. But I'm a hoarder...