PDA

View Full Version : Rim suggestions for Enduro AllRoad 26"?

guido
09-18-2015, 10:02 AM
I continue to muck around with the idea of a bike to run the Compass RatTrapPass tires. With the Rawland Ravn off the table, and budget restrictions slowing the jump to a custom for twice that price, I'm back to playing with my MB-2. I'm about to build new rim brake wheels and i'm wondering what folks thoughts are with regard to 26" rims. The Sun Rhyno Lite 26" 27.5mm width gets good notices. How about the VO Escapade 26" 28mm width rim? Anyone have thoughts on these or others?

Thanks in advance as always!

oldpotatoe
09-19-2015, 07:51 AM
I continue to muck around with the idea of a bike to run the Compass RatTrapPass tires. With the Rawland Ravn off the table, and budget restrictions slowing the jump to a custom for twice that price, I'm back to playing with my MB-2. I'm about to build new rim brake wheels and i'm wondering what folks thoughts are with regard to 26" rims. The Sun Rhyno Lite 26" 27.5mm width gets good notices. How about the VO Escapade 26" 28mm width rim? Anyone have thoughts on these or others?

Thanks in advance as always!

Velocity has some good 26inch rims.

http://www.velocityusa.com/product/rim_applications/Mountain

guido
09-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Velocity has some good 26inch rims.

http://www.velocityusa.com/product/rim_applications/Mountain

The Cliffhangers look interesting if pricey...

p nut
09-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Do you need rims that wide for 2.1-2.3" tires? I run 3" tires currently on 29mm rims and it does fine.

Personally, I'd probably go Velocity Aeroheat (465g) over the other wider/heavier rims.

AJosiahK
09-20-2015, 09:39 AM
+ 1 on those aeroheats. Have had lots of good experiences building those up in multiple sizes.

Hope to se ya round G!

guido
09-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Do you need rims that wide for 2.1-2.3" tires? I run 3" tires currently on 29mm rims and it does fine.

Personally, I'd probably go Velocity Aeroheat (465g) over the other wider/heavier rims.

Hmmm... Good question. I was making the assumption the wider rim would reduce the tendency for tire flop at lower pressures... More thought required...

dustyrider
09-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Sun for the win! I've put rhyno lites through the ringer and they've always got me home.