PDA

View Full Version : NorCal group rides

pff
09-15-2015, 06:10 PM
visiting norcal for vacation, I consulted the internet and found this ride:

Roasters Ride

When: Saturdays and Sundays 8 AM
Where: Golden Gate Bridge (south side/south parking lot)
Route: San Francisco San Anselmo Fairfax Nicasio Point Reyes Station Olema Samuel Taylor Park Fairfax San Francisco.

I tried to go last Sunday but couldn't find them. Some other dudes I ran into said it was a Sat only ride. Anyone know the scoop? Is it both or only Saturday?

phutterman
09-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I think it's only Saturday, too (though I've still yet to go on it as I ride mostly in the East Bay).

It's supposed to be good. Brisk.

FlashUNC
09-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Dunno, I'm mostly East Bay'ing it. Looks like a really nice ride though.

Drmojo
09-15-2015, 09:53 PM
bridge
bo-fax
or Nicasio- Cheese Factory

bart998
09-16-2015, 12:15 AM
If you're going to be in the Sacramento area, check with The Bicycle Business (bike shop) for group rides. They have had regular tue/thurs rides for decades.

pff
09-16-2015, 10:49 PM
If you're going to be in the Sacramento area, check with The Bicycle Business (bike shop) for group rides. They have had regular tue/thurs rides for decades.

unfortunately not this trip. So far I have hit up Marin, Santa Cruz Mtns, Monterey, and Mt Hamilton. Hoping to get Mt Diablo in before I leave. The roads are silky smooth here, makes LA county look like a warzone in comparison.

joosttx
09-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Studio velo has a ride that leaves from their shop in Mill Valley on Sunday's. It usually leaves around 7:30 or 8a. Give them a call.

enr1co
09-17-2015, 12:07 AM
unfortunately not this trip. So far I have hit up Marin, Santa Cruz Mtns, Monterey, and Mt Hamilton. Hoping to get Mt Diablo in before I leave. The roads are silky smooth here, makes LA county look like a warzone in comparison.

Mt Diablo/ east bay area:

Saturday AM- House of Pain ("HOP") and HOP lite rides.

HOP group rolls from Danville Peet's Coffee at 8:55. Slower pace HOP lite rolls at 9:05

Same route, Danville, through Livermore, back, ~45-55 miles.

You can head up Mt Diablo on the way back to Danville Peet's

Sunday AM -Shop ride from 6 Fifteen shop, rolls at 8:30. Advanced to beginner groups to choose from. Routes vary each week. Advanced, intermediate groups go ~45-55 miles.