PDA

View Full Version : ASSOS sJ.climaSchutz jacket?

makoti
09-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Anybody use this jacket? Like it? How packable is it? Would like something I can actually carry if rain is possible.

corky
09-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Not packable at all..... It's meant as a put on before leaving, as its already tipping down.....jacket

The various materials conspire to stop one from folding the garment......

It is however fantatically made and good at keeping you dry, but obviously everyone is different regarding working up a sweat on the inside.

I doubt we will ever see the perfect rain jacket invented

Lionel
09-06-2015, 01:06 PM
The sJ.climaSchutz is packable actually (but not fully waterproof). The rS.sturmPrinz is waterproof and a lot less packable.

makoti
09-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Not packable at all..... It's meant as a put on before leaving, as its already tipping down.....jacket

The various materials conspire to stop one from folding the garment......

It is however fantatically made and good at keeping you dry, but obviously everyone is different regarding working up a sweat on the inside.

I doubt we will ever see the perfect rain jacket invented

Thanks. That's not at all how it was described. Made it sound like it would slip into a pocket pretty easily.
Yeah, I hate rain jackets, but I really should have something to stow when it looks iffy.

slinkywizard
09-06-2015, 02:26 PM
I have been using one for a couple of years. it's pretty packable...I keep it in one of my jerseys rear pockets...I've never minded carrying it around. Us usual with assos, it excellently made...

09-06-2015, 02:46 PM
I have both a climaSchutz vest and jacket. Fold and then roll the jacket tightly and it fills a jersey pocket with a little room to spare. If you aren't in really cold weather, you may be able to get the core protection from the climax Schutz Vest, which makes a flat little pad in one jersey pocket. If you don't really need the protection of the full jacket, try the vest. While riding, it keeps the rain and wind off your core and you vent a lot better if you'd otherwise get sweat-logged.

These are pretty much the two most compact jackets from Assos. The Sturmprinz and LuftSchutz are both bulkier and meant for continuous wear.

makoti
09-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Ok, how about sizing? I wear medium jerseys in just about everybody (5'9"/155lb/93cm chest over my t-shirt). I wear a large Castelli Alpha jacket. The only Assos jacket I ever tried on I needed a large. The sizing chart tells me to get a small or MAYBE a medium. Really? I'm skeptical. I was just going to get a large (which is the only size available at the price) until I saw that. Does it fit true?

Charles M
09-06-2015, 03:18 PM
I have both a climaSchutz vest and jacket. Fold and then roll the jacket tightly and it fills a jersey pocket with a little room to spare. If you aren't in really cold weather, you may be able to get the core protection from the climax Schutz Vest, which makes a flat little pad in one jersey pocket. If you don't really need the protection of the full jacket, try the vest. While riding, it keeps the rain and wind off your core and you vent a lot better if you'd otherwise get sweat-logged.

These are pretty much the two most compact jackets from Assos. The Sturmprinz and LuftSchutz are both bulkier and meant for continuous wear.

Bingo.

This jacket (and the vest) are absolutely packable for normal sized pockets...

And If you're a medium in most performance oriented jerseys, I would buy this in Medium as well.

LJohnny
09-06-2015, 08:49 PM
I pack the SturmPrinz into a pretty reasonable roll. Not the most compact of jackets or light, but manageable. It is waterproof.