PDA

View Full Version : Rapha bib fit query...again...

ColnagoFan
09-06-2015, 12:34 AM
So I took full advantage of the recent sale, picked up a set of the Lightweight bibs. Unfortunately, I've changed my mind on them.
I'd always heard that the LW bibs were a much "snugger" fit on the legs than the Classics, more compressive legs, but does anyone know how the LW bibs compare to the Pro Team bibs? I'd heard the PT are more snug as well, just wondering if they are more so than the LW, or about on par. Anyone know?

I'm thinking the LW would be great here in the throes of a San Diego summer, but I want something I can use year round. Maybe I'll pick up another set of LW next spring, so I'm prepared for the summer, instead of the tail end...

Thanks in advance PL!

woodworker
09-06-2015, 12:43 AM
I've been wearing the classics in large. Love them. Recently bought the lightweight in a large. Sure, the legs are slightly s······ but certainly not uncomfortably so. The fit seems almost identical. Very nice bibshorts. Btw, I'm 5'10 and 190. Stocky build.

woodworker
09-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Don't know why, but it kept changing the word "snug" in the above post.

ColnagoFan
09-06-2015, 12:51 AM
I've been wearing the classics in large. Love them. Recently bought the lightweight in a large. Sure, the legs are slightly sï½·ï½·ï½·ï½·ï½·ï½· but certainly not uncomfortably so. The fit seems almost identical. Very nice bibshorts. Btw, I'm 5'10 and 190. Stocky build.

I got the LW, and liked them. But as they are going back, color mostly, I'm now wondering of the PT might be an option. If they fit like the LW then I'd get them, if they're much snugger, I'd probably pass for now.

marciero
09-06-2015, 06:09 AM
I bought what I am pretty sure are classic and pro team here, and agree the latter is noticeably more snug, but agin, not in a restrictive way. Both fit very well. Would guess LW in between., based on woodworkers remarks. I would go with the same size in PT. Am sure someone with direct experience will chime in.

sloanfiske
09-06-2015, 07:46 AM
I wear the same size in lightweight and classic.

I have to size up with pro fit.

ColnagoFan
09-06-2015, 12:19 PM
I wear the same size in lightweight and classic.

I have to size up with pro fit.

I think I could almost size down my classics, so I might take a runner and try a PT in the same size. Will have to try that LW set on again. Man wish I lived near a Cycle Club. It'd be so much easier.
Anyway. I'll update with what I end up doing...

sloanfiske
09-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Man wish I lived near a Cycle Club. It'd be so much easier.

Truth. But also dangerous.

FlashUNC
09-07-2015, 08:43 AM
The Pro Teams are much more compressive than the Classics. If you don't like compression, the PTs may not be your bag. Fwiw, I could wear the same size in both, but the feel when worn is pretty drastically different.

DCilliams
09-07-2015, 08:48 AM
The Pro Teams are much more compressive than the Classics. If you don't like compression, the PTs may not be your bag. Fwiw, I could wear the same size in both, but the feel when worn is pretty drastically different.

This. I have both the Classics and Pro Teams. I sized up with the PTs because the compression was a little much for me. However, I did not size up when I recently bought the light-weight Pro Teams and am glad I didn't. They are easily my favorite bibs out of the three.

ColnagoFan
09-07-2015, 10:53 AM

The LW are much more compressive than the Classics, so I was trying to get a read on the amount of compression between the LW and PT.

ColnagoFan
09-07-2015, 10:54 AM
This. I have both the Classics and Pro Teams. I sized up with the PTs because the compression was a little much for me. However, I did not size up when I recently bought the light-weight Pro Teams and am glad I didn't. They are easily my favorite bibs out of the three.

Ok, interesting, thanks. I suppose I have some soul searching to do...ha...and bank account checking.

marciero
09-07-2015, 12:30 PM

Dizzying. So we have, in order of compression/ snugness, classic, lw, lw pt, pt.

ColnagoFan
09-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Dizzying. So we have, in order of compression/ snugness, classic, lw, lw pt, pt.

Maybe I'll try the LW PT then...

#firstworldproblems

ColnagoFan
09-07-2015, 10:16 PM
To all the PMs, thanks for the offers, I'm an XL though I suspect I can *hopefully* size down to an L in the Classic stuff by the end of the year. Not 100% if I'll go for the LW or LW PT for the exchange I'll be doing. I'll figure it out, gotta match the jerseys I have. Wish I hadn't waited on the chartreuse LW, they'd match a few of my jerseys really well...anyone holding XL in either LW or PT? ;)