PDA

View Full Version : Chad Haga Plays Rachmaninoff.

Shortsocks
09-03-2015, 11:28 AM
Pretty cool Piece in Velo News:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/09/video/video-playing-piano-with-chad-haga_383661

About Chad Haga who is currently in the Vuelta, rides for Giant Shimano and is a local to us in Dallas (hes from McKinney Tx). Seems like a great Kid, and as well seems less "Jock-ish" then the other riders in the Pelo.

Impressive skills for a Guy who rides Pro day in and Day out. Nice to see. :rolleyes:

CaliFly
09-03-2015, 11:50 AM
Love this! :hello:

Peter P.
09-03-2015, 05:08 PM
It's good to have a skill, talent, or hobby outside of bike racing.

I respect Chad for his efforts. He'll go far, in cycling and in life.

carpediemracing
09-03-2015, 06:56 PM
That's a great little piece they did. In some ways I regret putting down the violin what's now about 30 years ago (minus maybe 10-20 hours of playing in those 30 years). I was a much better violinist than a bike rider, that's for sure. One reason I put it down was I just wanted to play for hours and hours and I literally skipped classes for much of a semester just to play the violin. Maybe one day I'll dig up my violin.

Music is very emotional for me; it's why I like music in my helmet cam clips, it evokes a primal reaction on my part. Of course the music has to be something that reverberates with me, that's important.

Curiously it's a mystery exactly what reverberates because sometimes I don't know it'll happen. When I watched Shine I had a complete melt down. I had no idea what happened to me but something about the movie ripped me to shreds. I had that kind of situation happen only a couple times in my life; one was at my mom's funeral.

chriscap
09-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Great post about it by Chad on twitter: https://twitter.com/ChadHaga/status/639589916444196864

steelbikerider
09-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Texas A&M grad with a degree in mechanical engineering, pro bike racer, musician - some guys have too much talent

erslah
09-04-2015, 02:26 AM
Maybe this will inspire my 9-year-old to devote as much time to his cello as to soccer and cycling.

Wait, I think there's a quote about monkeys flying out of butts that applies here.....

oldpotatoe
09-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Texas A&M grad with a degree in mechanical engineering, pro bike racer, musician - some guys have too much talent

At least he'll have a job after cycling different than 'coaching'...