PDA

View Full Version : Dating my Nova Special ,Atlanta frames

dscglf5350
05-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Hello,Serotta forum newbe here,
My current ride is a Atlanta bought last year on Ebay s/n AS 58 1210 which was listed as a 99 model.Blue frame /white decals :D

and the frame I just received is a older Nova Special that has the Cinelli stamp on the B/B shell S/N 41112 Blue frame/yellow decals:confused:

My question is what year model these are and if posible what Groupo they started with.

The Atlanta has Campy Chorus/Daytona 9 spd setup with Ksyrium elites and a CSI fork salvaged from a wrecked pearl white CSI-Sweet ride

The Nova Special is just a frame/Gold headset.

any info would help-love the forum and Gallery pics
Chris

dave thompson
05-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Hello,Serotta forum newbe here,
My current ride is a Atlanta bought last year on Ebay s/n AS 58 1210 which was listed as a 99 model.Blue frame /white decals :D

and the frame I just received is a older Nova Special that has the Cinelli stamp on the B/B shell S/N 41112 Blue frame/yellow decals:confused:

My question is what year model these are and if posible what Groupo they started with.

The Atlanta has Campy Chorus/Daytona 9 spd setup with Ksyrium elites and a CSI fork salvaged from a wrecked pearl white CSI-Sweet ride

The Nova Special is just a frame/Gold headset.

any info would help-love the forum and Gallery pics
Chris
E-mail Serotta with this question, they are the best source of this info.

Generally Serottas are sold as framesets and the components are installed by the shops or owners, so there is no answer to your second question.

Birddog
05-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Dave's right about contacting Serotta. Just for the record, my Atlanta is #907 (last three or four numbers are serial # first two are size) and it's a '97. Given your serial number I'd guess it was probably mfg'ed in '98, but maybe not sold til '99. It really doesn't matter much unless you're celebrating their birthdays.

Birddog

dscglf5350
05-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info,I'll email Serotta the serial #s .I know the Atlanta's date is close but the Nova Special is a mid 80's the early 90's.
I just like to know as some others are to posibly put on parts of that era or just answer questions from other riders.

I know the age of my bike fleet except my De Rosa San Remo lugged beauty.

I just got back from a little ride on my Atlanta. :cool:

the Nova Special will probably get my spare Shimano 600 8spd group and my spare Cosmos so I can give her a spin soon :banana: