PDA

View Full Version : Who all is going the the World Championships in Richmond

tjk23
09-02-2015, 04:51 AM
The title pretty much says it all. I'll be there from the 25th-27th. I initially booked through the Richmond 2015 website only to be notified that our reservation was cancelled due to the rooms being oversold. Ended up finding another hotel a little further away but still excited to be going.

bikingshearer
09-02-2015, 02:26 PM
I was, but changed my mind - mainly to be available to do something my sweetie will enjoy more. She did not pressure or even ask me to do this, and she would have gone along gladly and enjoyed seeing me have fun. But she is an absolute keeper (for example, she actively encourages my cycling stuff even though it is not her cup of tea) and she would much rather go camping in southern Utah (which we are now going to do instead), and I would enjoy that far more than she would enjoy the Worlds. Granted, it's easier to make that call since I get to see the Amgen ToC go by very close to home every year, but still . . . .

I hope everyone who goes has a great time.

kramnnim
09-02-2015, 03:42 PM
Anyone from the area and/or familiar with the course?

Nooch
09-02-2015, 03:45 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=172055

echappist
09-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Anyone from the area and/or familiar with the course?

i'm going

for the course, think downtown crit with a few hills. 24 turns per lap, two of which are U-turns.

end result should be a MSR sort of course; possible for small (<10 rider) to stay away, but more likely a 25-30 person gallop. Also reminiscent of the GP Quebec course as the climbing (though non sustained) are back loaded. GP Quebec usually has goes 50:50 btwn small break (<4) and small bunch sprint (<15)

avalonracing
09-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm headed down to check it out. Staying with a buddy who two years ago handed me a Richmond 2015 World Championships decal that has been on my tool chest (via magnets) ever since.

kramnnim
09-02-2015, 06:54 PM
i'm going

for the course, think downtown crit with a few hills. 24 turns per lap, two of which are U-turns.

end result should be a MSR sort of course; possible for small (<10 rider) to stay away, but more likely a 25-30 person gallop. Also reminiscent of the GP Quebec course as the climbing (though non sustained) are back loaded. GP Quebec usually has goes 50:50 btwn small break (<4) and small bunch sprint (<15)

Mainly looking for insight on if it will be possible to get near the riders at the start, which as I understand is at some college campus, a short way from the actual course...

cmbicycles
09-02-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm about 20 min west of downtown but don't think I'll see anything but the weekend races due to work. Couple different courses starting different places. The University of Richmond is a very nice campus, I was over there for work monday. I haven't looked to see where exactly on campus they will be though so not sure how close you'll be able to get. Richmond.edu may have a map showing where they will be.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk