PDA

View Full Version : Shoe recommendation with tall toe box

everbeek
08-29-2015, 01:14 PM
I wore Sidi shoes for 25 years that fit my normal/narrow midfoot and heel fine but squished my toes. About 6 years ago, I tried the Specialized Pro road shoes (Cancellara model with Fassa Bortolo blue accents) that were like the Sidi shoes but with a slightly wider and much taller toe box and these became my favorite shoes ever. They are in dire need of replacement (I am searching eBay for used size 46s) but Specialized has changed the last/design of the S Works shoe and the Pro replacement (now called the Expert?) and the toe box is no longer near as generous as previously. Various current Sidi models are not any better. Any obvious shoes to look at (standard width except at the toe box)? Thanks.
-Mike

regularguy412
08-29-2015, 01:23 PM
A riding buddy of mine just purchased a pair of the Bontrager road shoes. He likes the generous toe box. I have not personally used them; I have the 2010 S-Works shoe with BOA closure. I like them just fine. The Bontragers have what appears to be a better version of the BOA closure, IMHO. They may be worth a look.

Mike in AR:beer:

madencbm
08-29-2015, 01:39 PM
I had problem with Sidi smashing my toes. Switched to Giro, both mountain and road. No problems since.

hockeybike
08-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Try lake shoes, if you can. Their shoes from about two years ago had a larger toe box than Sidi. Not sure if they've changed the last, recently.