PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Transonic?

GregL
08-28-2015, 10:48 AM
I searched the forum and found almost nothing about this bike. It appeals to me for its geometry, ability to fit fatter tires, good brakes, value (I like the 1.3 model) and aero design. Has anyone ridden or worked on one to provide some first-hand input?

Thanks,
Greg

FlashUNC
08-28-2015, 11:01 AM
I was interested in the frame, but the direct mount brakes were a deal breaker for me. Seems to get solid reviews and a nice bang for the buck.

And Fuji dropped the hammer on Specialized in that whole Roubaix nonsense. So there is that.

Elefantino
08-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Has anyone ridden or worked on one to provide some first-hand input?
The Transonic is a nice frame although I still prefer the geo and the flexibility of the Altamira.

The first Transonics we got were the 105- and Ultegra-spec'ed models. The first 105 batch had Tektro direct-mount brakes and they were crap. Off-center as hell and no amount of adjustment could work. Spoke with the guys at ASI (Fuji parent) and now they aren't shipping us any more Tektro models, only 105s. We shipped back all the Tektros for 105s (or, in one case, Ultegras for a customer who had to wait a longer time).

If you like aero and stiff, it's the frame of the future. That seems to be the way race bikes are going and Fuji did a solid on this one.

Russian bear
08-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Transonic is a great bike. Team mate has been riding it to victory quite a bit this year. I think the direct mount brakes are an upgrade and we'll definitely see this becoming more standard as the Campy variant has been spotted.

GregL
08-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks to all for your insight. The geometry of the Transonic is nearly identical to my Cannondales, so fit should be spot on. I like an aero, stiff race bike. The Dura Ace direct mount brakes have good reviews. My LBS (and team sponsor) is a Fuji dealer. Looks promising!

- Greg