PDA

View Full Version : cadd7 broke again back to the shop

Fixed
05-10-2006, 09:51 PM
bro i have bad luck half way through my race the first time i pull hard it sounds like my bars are going to fall off ..bro i know i have no finess and i 'm kinda rough . maybe she just doesn't like me .
cheers

cydewaze
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
You're too damn strong for that Alu bike! Better get a Ti and be done with it. :beer:

Grant McLean
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Bro, has the bike gotten wet?

Didn't the shop do the headset last time, what did they fix?

g

Fixed
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
bro no water no rain yes they did the headset.
cheers

Grant McLean
05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Same noise again, or somthing different?

Dr. Doofus
05-11-2006, 05:13 AM
bro

there is a shop in FLA that puts ads in magazines and stuff

they have corsa 0.1 in our size

doof was gonna get one when the jerk, like a typical edwardian aesthete, said, "oh, but you've done that," and sold him a ridley.

you won't bend that bike

stevep
05-11-2006, 05:38 AM
impossible. the cad design shows that the frame is 10 times stronger than the steel miele that you have been using for 15 years.
must be a cosmetic crack that you can see through.

William
05-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Just turn up the radio. If you can't hear it, it's not there.

William ;)

capitán
05-11-2006, 06:54 AM
impossible. the cad design shows that the frame is 10 times stronger than the steel miele that you have been using for 15 years.

¿huh?

Big Dan
05-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Earplugs bro, that's the ticket!!!!!!!!

:bike:

zap
05-11-2006, 09:01 AM
You're too damn strong for that Alu bike! Better get a Ti and be done with it. :beer:

Right. Wanna see a Ti bike with a crack.

TimD
05-11-2006, 09:35 AM
My buddy's much-abused Legend Ti developed a crack in the down tube after he drove his car into the garage with the bike mounted on a roof rack... twice :) :( He rode it that way for a short while, but ultimately had it repaired at the factory. He's riding and racing on it now.

TimD

Fixed
05-11-2006, 10:10 AM
bro the front end isn't i.m.h.o.
cheers

cydewaze
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Right. Wanna see a Ti bike with a crack.
Seen several. I was just joking around with Fixer.

Fixed
05-11-2006, 10:51 AM
bro all bikes can break even my beloved steel . but you cats already know that
cheers

CalfeeFly
05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
All shops and mechanics are not created equally. I'd try another if I were you. First ask around if anyone has any ideas. If you live anywhere near (like 5 or 6 hours) of folks on this forum I'd put out a question. :help:

Going somewhere to get is fixed once and for all even if you have to drive is worth it. Before we got a world class shop here I literally used to drive 6 hours if what I wanted to have done required more than the skill level of who we had then. :bike:

Before I started to do that I eventually became a half way wrench fixing what they did not. I have every wrench that let me down to thank for my limited but helpful knowledge. :)

I am truly spoiled now...everything works from the day you leave the shop. Everything is torqued to specs with an electronic torque wrench that they recalibrate on the schedule that manufacturer has. Precision is the watchword of Craig's work.

I hope you can find a shop to fix it. The other day I was going to take my commuter home and "throw" in the bottom bracket and put on the crank. I asked the Craig, wrench extraordinaire what he thought and he said that he thought having it torqued properly was a good idea (it is a carbon frame) at which point I realized how much I like my bikes to work perfectly all the time (until a cable goes or whatever) and if I took it home that may or may not be true. I left the bike.

Good luck. I don’t mean to knock your shop but a really good intuitive wrench should have gotten it right by now. Especially in your situation…a failing part/bike can cause injury…I would check out other alternatives.

Fixed
05-11-2006, 11:07 AM
this is my 2nd shop and cannondale rec. shop to me thanks
cheers the first shop had a 3.5 week wait

chrisroph
05-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Good luck getting the can squeek free.

The headset on my merckx leader was all jacked up and my local guys refaced the headtube, recut the fork crown, put a new fork crown race on, and installed new bearings. I'm sure almost any other shop in town wouldn't have been as thorough. I've got to take those guys some good bagels or beers. They always appreciate the gesture. Now the integrated hs works almost as well as an old style hs and holds an adjustment. I'm sure the hs is why the previous owner sold it to me cheap without any real sign that the bike had been ridden much.

Big Dan
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
Fixed bro... not trying to make you feel worst, but thanks to my Cannondale CAAD3 I learned must of what I know about fixing bikes. I was taking the headset and BB out every 3 or 4 weeks trying to keep it quiet. Check the fork, maybe change the stem, grease the contact point between stem and handlebar. Also make sure the bolts on the front plate of the stem are flush and go all the way in. Had that problem with a Forgie stem, the face plate needed a little work. Be safe bro.... :beer: