PDA

View Full Version : Since the sale is still on, another Rapha question - Rain overshoes

makoti
08-27-2015, 11:17 PM
Anyone ever used the Pro Team Rain Overshoes? Even on sale, they're pricey. If they work, however... looking for something that will keep the feet dry but light enough to stuff in a pocket on a long ride.
http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/pro-team-rain-overshoes/product/PRO01CLR

preludervtec
08-28-2015, 12:53 AM
Look up velotoze covers. They are cheap, work great and will fit in your jersey pocket

merckx
08-28-2015, 05:42 AM
No rain shoe cover made on this earth will keep your feet dry.

rwsaunders
08-28-2015, 07:15 AM
No rain shoe cover made on this earth will keep your feet dry.

+1 with a correction. No shoe cover made on this earth will keep your feet dry, so as your feet are going to get wet, get the most stylish covers that keep your mind off of the fact that your feet are wet.

R3awak3n
08-28-2015, 07:32 AM
its true, I think fenders do as good of a job keeping feed dry. However if you have fenders and shoes and if the rain is manageable its not too bad.

Tony T
08-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Anyone ever used the Pro Team Rain Overshoes? Even on sale, they're pricey. If they work, however... looking for something that will keep the feet dry but light enough to stuff in a pocket on a long ride.
http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/pro-team-rain-overshoes/product/PRO01CLR

Do they have the matching gloves?

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0748/3.jpg

:)

makoti
08-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Look up velotoze covers. They are cheap, work great and will fit in your jersey pocket

I did see those while looking. Have you used them? How well do they hold up? How many rides can you get from a set? They sound like they may be single use.

I realize that trying to to keep your feet dry in the rain is a bit of a fools errand, but if they help a little that's ok. And fenders are not an option.

EDS
08-28-2015, 08:51 AM
I did see those while looking. Have you used them? How well do they hold up? How many rides can you get from a set? They sound like they may be single use.

I realize that trying to to keep your feet dry in the rain is a bit of a fools errand, but if they help a little that's ok. And fenders are not an option.

I have a pair. They have survived more than 15 rides so far though are now showing some age (I ordered a second pair for when this one dies). I do think they do a much better job at keeping feet dry than anything else I have tried (everything from goretex, neoprene, windtex, etc.).

I would say they do keep my feet dry from the rain but I build up a lot of heat inside so there tends to be a fair bit of moisture from sweat. Nice to not have completely soaked socks though and if nothing else your shoes are clean for your next ride.

makoti
08-28-2015, 10:24 AM
I have a pair. They have survived more than 15 rides so far though are now showing some age (I ordered a second pair for when this one dies). I do think they do a much better job at keeping feet dry than anything else I have tried (everything from goretex, neoprene, windtex, etc.).

I would say they do keep my feet dry from the rain but I build up a lot of heat inside so there tends to be a fair bit of moisture from sweat. Nice to not have completely soaked socks though and if nothing else your shoes are clean for your next ride.

Thanks! That kind of life would actually do fine, for the amount I'm in the rain.

Brian Cdn
09-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Anyone know in a real use scenario what the fit and sizing is on the Velotoze booties ?

I contacted Velotoze and they are saying for size 43/44 cycle shoes the bootie size is large.

How much stretch do these have ? Do I go medium as in traditional lycra booties for a tighter aero fit or are these pretty tight to start with ?

Thanks...