PDA

View Full Version : medical question

ada@prorider.or
05-10-2006, 09:33 PM
does any body know how you measure the total blood volume in a human living body?
:confused:

manet
05-10-2006, 09:40 PM
no, but are there other people in dronten?

ada@prorider.or
05-10-2006, 09:41 PM
no, but are there other people in dronten?
yes there are but nobody can tell me how

e-RICHIE
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM
you need a blood volumater and one hot assistant.

ada@prorider.or
05-10-2006, 09:44 PM
you need a blood volumater and one hot assistant.
and then what drain all the blood out of my body

i do not think so ,if you do not mind

manet
05-10-2006, 09:56 PM

don't be a wuss, get a puss:
http://www.freehotgame.com/funnpictures/Vampire%20Cat.jpg

Louis
05-10-2006, 10:09 PM
I bet you could come close with a CT scan and some manipulation of the data, but that's got to be way too expensive.

If my $60 Tanita scale can measure how much lard I've been hauling up these Missouri hills, someone out there might have something that can come close for blood. I suggest that you go to a medical school library and ask there.

Louis

gasman
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Yes you can do it but it is done only as a research tool. Not common but isn't that difficult.

manet
05-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes you can do it but it is done only as a research tool. Not common but isn't that difficult.

maybe we could do it @ dbrk's.
he has a pond AND electricity.

gasman
05-10-2006, 11:09 PM
maybe we could do it @ dbrk's.
he has a pond AND electricity.

Hope he has a boat

shinomaster
05-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Just count the number of leeches it takes to suck the person dry.

slowgoing
05-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Don't forget to count the extra volume attributable to the chemeric twin.

manet
05-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Don't forget to count the extra volume attributable to the chemeric twin.

B sample

CNY rider
05-11-2006, 08:00 AM
does any body know how you measure the total blood volume in a human living body?

Actually it's not that difficult, and it's been done in clinical practice for quite a long time.

A small amount of the subject's blood is removed and tagged with a radioactive marker. The blood is reinfusd into the subject, and the dilution of the radioactive tracer is measured, allowing for a calculation of total blood volume.

sailorboy
05-11-2006, 08:45 AM

Hey, I've been to Dronten. It was 2003 (or mabe 02) for the world military triathlon championships. Beautiful place, you have paved bike paths there that can take you where most cars can't go! Old ladies riding around with groceries in the baskets on their bikes, etc. All indications are that it is heaven for cyclists.

zeroking17
05-11-2006, 09:00 AM

Well, here's one way to do it.

In East Berlin back in the good old days I saw a performance artist who labeled himself an "auto-perforationist." For his performance, he'd strip down to a pair of trunks, lay down on a table, stick a needle in his arm and begin draining his blood via a clear plastic tube into a glass jar on the floor. The performance ends when he faints.

fstrthnu
05-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Isnt' it done in a water tank and measures by amount of water dispersed during the object's (human body in this case) submersion.

Fstrthnu

" I am not a doctor."

CNY rider
05-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Isnt' it done in a water tank and measures by amount of water dispersed during the object's (human body in this case) submersion.

Fstrthnu

" I am not a doctor."

Eureka!

-Archimedes, I can't remember the year.

fstrthnu
05-11-2006, 11:11 AM
Eureka!

-Archimedes, I can't remember the year.

Archimedes of Syracuse ( circa 2 8 7 BC - 2 1 2 BC ) , was a Greek ...

He was from New York, just like You. Syracuse. Did You know him? :rolleyes:

Fstrthnu

saab2000
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
I bet I am fattrthnu, fstrthnu.

ada@prorider.or
05-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey, I've been to Dronten. It was 2003 (or mabe 02) for the world military triathlon championships. Beautiful place, you have paved bike paths there that can take you where most cars can't go! Old ladies riding around with groceries in the baskets on their bikes, etc. All indications are that it is heaven for cyclists.

well i was there too
as the stupid meare started welcome in spanisch the athelete´s (he want to impress the people in that he talks several language´s but there where no spanish athlete
so you remember!)
i was there too i had a set of wheels of price the team that breaks the world record

hypnos
05-11-2006, 05:30 PM
70ml per kilogram is a rough approximaton.

ada@prorider.or
05-11-2006, 06:27 PM
70ml per kilogram is a rough approximaton.
well i want to measure
if you training you get bmore blood mass
so any calc does not help

sailorboy
05-11-2006, 07:23 PM
well i was there too
as the stupid meare started welcome in spanisch the athelete´s (he want to impress the people in that he talks several language´s but there where no spanish athlete
so you remember!)
i was there too i had a set of wheels of price the team that breaks the world record

I think I missed that, I was probably running around tending to our athletes since I was there as a trainer/coach. That wouldn't make a lot of sense though since Spain hasn't been at the CISM race for many years, right?

I remember all the athletes coming out of the canal with green slime on them, yuk. Love that country though, the Dutch are very friendly toward Americans. The last of the Europeans who don't assume that all Americans are the same and all wear cowboy hats, watch NASCAR all day and get fat and diabetic ATMO

ada@prorider.or
05-11-2006, 07:34 PM
I think I missed that, I was probably running around tending to our athletes since I was there as a trainer/coach. That wouldn't make a lot of sense though since Spain hasn't been at the CISM race for many years, right?

I remember all the athletes coming out of the canal with green slime on them, yuk. Love that country though, the Dutch are very friendly toward Americans. The last of the Europeans who don't assume that all Americans are the same and all wear cowboy hats, watch NASCAR all day and get fat and diabetic ATMO

i understand meaby you are then on some foto´s i took back then
yes the canal its dirty but can you beleive there are a lot of
lobster in this canal

Dekonick
05-12-2006, 07:08 AM
well i want to measure
if you training you get bmore blood mass
so any calc does not help

Blood volume will change with hydration - (at least I am pretty sure it will - in theory)

A better measure would be your crit -

Dr. Doofus
05-12-2006, 07:17 AM
ask keith richards

manet
05-12-2006, 09:13 AM
ask keith richards

http://a.abcnews.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1912515

catulle
05-12-2006, 09:56 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1912515

Maybe he was looking for coconut water for his vodka? Good stuff, atmo.