PDA

View Full Version : HED Belgium graphics removal

Dromen
08-26-2015, 11:43 AM
All you HEDheads out there. I've always removed my stickers from Ardennes/older gen Belgium rims. Now I have a new power tap wheel that sports the latest graphics. Can these be removed as they don't appear to be stickers or decals.

Help, im mismatched and its lowering my power output.

Steve

Hermes_Alex
08-26-2015, 05:46 PM
You need paint stripper to remove those logos. I haven't done Hed rims by name, but I have done others with the same finish with some success - I could give you the scoop if you absolve me of responsibility for your results.

adampaiva
08-26-2015, 08:14 PM
Please tell us how. I want to do the same to my dura ace wheels with the red/white graphics

Dromen
08-26-2015, 08:31 PM
Yikes! Paint stripper, yikes!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SeanScott
08-26-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm with you.
The logo thing is way out of hand. I removed the stickers from my campy wheels and really want the garish logo off all of my Deda stuff. It's going to be a lot of wet sanding.

Bruce K
08-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Just got off the phone with one of the guys at HED

Tim with black sidewalks are etched ( you should be able to feel a slight difference (lower) in the letters

SLs are a wet lay logo and you should be able to feel a slight bump up

Etched - not much you can do

The wet lay is going to be tough to remove as it was used because it is WAY more durable than decals

Good luck

BK

Lovetoclimb
08-28-2015, 11:58 AM
MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) will do the trick. It is very noxious and somewhat dangerous so be sure to wear good solid gloves, long sleeves, a mask, and perform in a well ventilated area where it can not spill and drain into a water supply. It will also likely void any warranty the rim/wheel carries, but if all of that does not stop you, it should be obtainable at most hardware stores.