PDA

View Full Version : Ted King Robbed during Vuelta?

Fivethumbs
08-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Did anyone else read this on Cyclingnews.com?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/news-shorts-ben-king-robbed-during-vuelta-no-fair-play-in-cycling-says-vinkourov/

After a crash spectators stole his Garmin unit and then tried to steal his bike!

EDS
08-25-2015, 06:03 PM
Ben King, not Ted King.

e-RICHIE
08-25-2015, 06:03 PM
It was identity theft atmo.

ps

arrange disorder

:cool::cool::o
:o:o:rolleyes:
:):):cool:

MattTuck
08-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Ha-ha. Nice rich.

I saw this live, thought it was odd. Didn't see the Garmin incident but did see the guy try to take the bike.

Very odd.

bthornt
08-25-2015, 06:17 PM
In the same piece, Vinokourov claims that there is no fair play in cycling anymore. He did serve a suspension for doping, right?

Elefantino
08-25-2015, 08:26 PM
Vinokourov is a richard. And not as in Sachs.

pbarry
08-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Ted Knight did not get ripped off during the Vuelta. Maybe playing golf.

Fivethumbs
08-25-2015, 10:00 PM
They must have held a seance...

ultraman6970
08-25-2015, 11:31 PM
For example, real madrid won the "Copa del rey (i believe)" tournament a few years back, one idiot dropped the cup under the bus while celebrating... in another opportunity a cup made of crystal felt off while celebrating too... with those two examples would not surprise me that somebody would have tried to take the bike or naively try to test a pro bike, as for the garmin unit... that doesnt surprise me at all.

A few years back a truck from a team was open, everything gone.

dpk501
08-26-2015, 10:36 PM
maybe it's this kid all grown up?

watch for it 10 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7O1yMRYSQo

goonster
08-27-2015, 08:44 AM
For example, real madrid won the "Copa del rey (i believe)" tournament a few years back, one idiot dropped the cup under the bus while celebrating... in another opportunity a cup made of crystal felt off while celebrating too... with those two examples would not surprise me that somebody would have tried to take the bike or naively try to test a pro bike,

Wait . . . what does Sergio Ramos dropping the cup during the equivalent of a ticker tape parade (members of the public never got near the trophy) have to do with a spectator attempting to steal a bike during an ongoing competition?

ultraman6970
08-28-2015, 12:26 AM
Well, it does... because an spaniard sure would say (and Ive heard them to say it quite often)... "those things only happen in SPAIN!!!"

So after seeing that episode with the trophy, then a woman destroying a paint that was irreplaceable a few years ago, do you think it surprise me that somebody took the garmin unit and another wanting to take king's bike??? Of course not :D

goonster
08-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Here is proof that it doesn't just happen in Spain:

Ajax drop the league trophy off the bus. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqrrzWN8WKQ)

Watch it roll around like an old hubcap, hilarious . . . :D