PDA

View Full Version : Nice article on the state of the carbon art

Lewis Moon
08-25-2015, 08:02 AM
RKP can be more than a bit whiney/preachy/pseudo profound, but I found this article interesting. http://redkiteprayer.com/2015/08/state-of-the-art/ Probably why I love my Hodala so much more than my X-fire. Also probably why having a Felt F2 as my first CF frame did me in for metal.

axel23
08-25-2015, 08:22 AM
"... every guy I knew in the 70s and 80s who rode a Colnago had it break at either the drive-side dropout or the drive-side chainstay at the bottom bracket."

Really?

FlashUNC
08-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Would have been a shorter piece if he'd just put the real intent in the kicker up top "Go buy a bike."

This from the same site that alleged he could tell the ride quality difference between a painted and unpainted carbon frame.

Len J
08-25-2015, 10:39 AM
When an article starts with......

"When I think back on some of the products I used to use and just how colossally, phenomenally slow they were from an aero standpoint, I知 amazed that I was able to ride at the speeds I did"

All credibility is lost. LOL.

Len

tv_vt
08-25-2015, 11:02 AM
I've given up on that site.

Do miss Belgium Knee Warmers, though, which he was a part of. That was fun while it lasted.

Mzilliox
08-25-2015, 11:11 AM
"... every guy I knew in the 70s and 80s who rode a Colnago had it break at either the drive-side dropout or the drive-side chainstay at the bottom bracket."

Really?

well except the ones that are still out there and going strong... but the ones that broke did break... haha

Lewis Moon
08-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Hyperbole IS RKP, but there was a lot of great info about new carbon techniques. Sometimes you gotta wipe away the BS before you can see the shine.

tv_vt
08-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Went and read the article.

The probably un-intended outcome is that I think my wife is getting the titanium frame instead of the carbon one.