PDA

View Full Version : Is it a happy day, or a sad one...

Avincent52
08-24-2015, 02:31 PM
...when you finally get your bike "done?"

The second Arundel Mandible bottle cage came in the mail today, which was the last piece before my Tarmac was done.
Even though it's only been done a couple of hours, I can sense that I might need another outlet for the psychic energy.
Like upgrades? I've got an S-Works Romin on the way to replace the Romin Pro.

Thanks to everyone who sold me parts to finish the beast, or gave me advice and/or inspiration about what parts to buy.
Everything but the chain, cassette, cables and tires were bought used, most from the classifieds here.

cdn_bacon
08-24-2015, 03:11 PM
and go out and ride it.

and clear your mind for 10 minutes.

the rest will sort itself out. :)

phcollard
08-24-2015, 03:16 PM
It's a happy day, because you can now think of your next project :)

Avincent52
08-24-2015, 03:55 PM
BTW the complete build list:

Specialized Tarmac Pro SL 56 cm
Cane Creek Headset
Campagnolo Chorus 11 speed Gruppo (with Record levers, FD, Praxis BB conversion)
Campagnolo Shamal wheels
Veloflex Master 23/25 gumwall tires
Fizik Cyrano R3 Post
Specialized Romin Prosaddle
3T ARX Stealth Stem
3T Ergosum alloy bars
Fizik Tacky tape
Arundel Mandible bottle cages

oldpotatoe
08-24-2015, 04:44 PM
...when you finally get your bike "done?"

The second Arundel Mandible bottle cage came in the mail today, which was the last piece before my Tarmac was done.
Even though it's only been done a couple of hours, I can sense that I might need another outlet for the psychic energy.
Like upgrades? I've got an S-Works Romin on the way to replace the Romin Pro.

Thanks to everyone who sold me parts to finish the beast, or gave me advice and/or inspiration about what parts to buy.
Everything but the chain, cassette, cables and tires were bought used, most from the classifieds here.

Outlet for psychic energy? How about riding? It's all about the ride, not the bike. Bike is a tool, means to an end...

Avincent52
08-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Outlet for psychic energy? How about riding? It's all about the ride, not the bike. Bike is a tool, means to an end...

This riding of which you speak...I shall Google it after I source some titanium bolts for these new bottle cages.

SeanScott
08-24-2015, 07:24 PM
Yes I get "High" ordering all of the parts, find some on the board, and bolting them up. I especially like when a bike becomes a roller.
I think it is why I always try and keep some sort of bike project going all the time.
It is always very rewarding to ride something you have built.

The correct number of bikes to have is always n + 1

AJosiahK
08-24-2015, 07:39 PM
It's a bit of both for me

Glad to have it ready to ride as I dreamt it, but sad as I love the process of dreaming ..

regularguy412
08-24-2015, 08:02 PM
I couldn't WAIT to get my Ti Fondo / Enve 2.0 fork built! Gonna ride the snot out of it now. LOVE IT. Hurts me to say it, but I gotta say it -- It's everything my CSI was and MORE!

Mike in AR:beer:

etu
08-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Funny, no longer excited about builds. They feel more like a hassle. I still like taking down and building up my s&s coupled bike though and I think I am going to try to shift my psychic mechanical energy into cleaning and maintaining the stable, really shiny like one of my OCD buddies.

Avincent52
08-24-2015, 09:41 PM
In all seriousness, the best part is just how great this bike is.

Back problems kept me off the bike for a long time, and it's just been refreshing to get out and roll a little.

I'm still tweaking the fit a little and the same box that contained the bottle cage also contained the hardware to mount the cleats onto my new and surprisingly comfy Lake carbon shoes.

RyanH
08-25-2015, 12:16 AM
I know how you feel. My most recent bike is the first one that I've maxed out in terms of upgrades. Kind of a surreal feeling but I now spend less time perusing the classifieds for parts. Instead, I'm keeping my eye out for a unique frame to start the process all over again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SELFdizolve
08-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Just built a new bike myself... HAPPY DAY!

jlwdm
08-25-2015, 01:30 AM
I spent too much time on my last frame building it up. There was too much time spent looking for components, and I kept thinking why didn't I just work a few more hours and make the money to buy everything new at once.

Hopefully I will just order everything all at once for the new frame I bought today. That would make me happy.

Jeff

oldpotatoe
08-25-2015, 06:04 AM
This riding of which you speak...I shall Google it after I source some titanium bolts for these new bottle cages.

Got it:rolleyes:

in_version
08-25-2015, 11:27 AM
I currently have three bikes in some state of assembly which is a bit frustrating. In the past, I have always seemed to find something else to change after I thought a bike was finished so I imagine this will be the case in the future. I will definitely be very happy as soon as I can go for a ride.

tlittlefield
08-25-2015, 02:20 PM
Have a pic?