PDA

View Full Version : Brake install

TAW
05-10-2006, 11:13 AM
I need some wisdom. I'm trying to install a Shimana DA front brake on a Reynolds Ouzo Pro and the brake nut doesn't reach to the threads, even when all the washers are off. The nut doesn't inset at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks

ada@prorider.or
05-10-2006, 11:16 AM
I need some wisdom. I'm trying to install a Shimana DA front brake on a Reynolds Ouzo Pro and the brake nut doesn't reach to the threads, even when all the washers are off. The nut doesn't inset at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks
well there a longer contra nuts that reach the tread
i had the same problem on a cervelo
and its fork (wolf') i think it was

Jeremy
05-10-2006, 11:34 AM

Thanks

The standard bolt is not long enough to work with most carbon forks. Your fork is usually supplied with a longer bolt. If not, you should be able to find many lengths at your LBS.

Jeremy

Too Tall
05-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Measure twice. Make sure you are catching at least 10 or so threads and don't let them sell you cheese. Put something substantial in there.

SoCalSteve
05-10-2006, 01:11 PM

Thanks

With all due respect...Are you sure that you are installing a front brake and not a rear? Check that very carefully. And secondly, Reynolds forks come with a brake nut that is very long and skinny. That should be the only nut you would want to use in their fork. Reynolds Composite is in CA, call them and have them send you the correct part.

Good luck,

Steve

PS: PM if you need any more help.

TAW
05-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Yes, I am installing the front brake, but that was a good suggestion, since with me you never know. Thanks for the advice, went down to LBS and purchased a longer nut. Works fine.