PDA

View Full Version : OT: ESPN Sunday Night Baseball announcers

eddief
08-23-2015, 07:53 PM
Who is the clown calling the color on the Giants / Pirates game tonight. Is it John Kruk or Curt Schilling? Whoever it is, could you tell em to shut the hell up? What a boring blabber mouth. I hate when I can't hear my local great announcers.

rwsaunders
08-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Who is the clown calling the color on the Giants / Pirates game tonight. Is it John Kruk or Curt Schilling? Whoever it is, could you tell em to shut the hell up? What a boring blabber mouth. I hate when I can't hear my local great announcers.

Funny...my wife and I are watching the game as well and I turned the sound off.

eddief
08-23-2015, 08:46 PM
I would turn the sound off and listen to local radio, but Xcrapfinity has a delay and you can't sync tv picture and radio sound.

Funny...my wife and I are watching the game as well and I turned the sound off.

ctcyclistbob
08-23-2015, 08:46 PM
I'm watching too (or rather, I was), and those guys just can't stop talking!

oldpotatoe
08-24-2015, 06:34 AM

Kruk, Schilling, Buster Olney, Dan Shulman

Sounded like Kruk and Schilling tipped a few at dinner before the game. GREAT game, I watched it, but tune most announcers out or turn down the volume. Don't need those guys to watch baseball.

Seemed they were more interested in Crawford's sister than the game.

eddief
08-24-2015, 08:23 AM
than the game. A multi-bizzilion dollar family for sure:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v398240983/sfpit-amy-crawford-watches-brother-fiance-face-off/?game_pk=415489

Kruk, Schilling, Buster Olney, Dan Shulman

Sounded like Kruk and Schilling tipped a few at dinner before the game. GREAT game, I watched it, but tune most announcers out or turn down the volume. Don't need those guys to watch baseball.

Seemed they were more interested in Crawford's sister than the game.

henrypretz
08-24-2015, 08:34 AM
than the game. A multi-bizzilion dollar family for sure:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v398240983/sfpit-amy-crawford-watches-brother-fiance-face-off/?game_pk=415489
I would say that Cole, Crawford, and Amy Crawford are all the real deal.

William
08-24-2015, 08:47 AM
Would be nice if Schilling would use some of the funds he earns as an announcer to pay back R.I. tax payer dollars on the 38 Studios debacle. Just saying'

William

Bostic
08-24-2015, 10:04 AM
As a diehard Giants fan the game last night irked me. Too many missed opportunities but at least we are still just a game and a half out behind the Dodgers. We are spoiled with four great broadcasters (though Kruk & Kuip get called boring a lot) which I don't take for granted. I have the at bat app so I try to listen to as many teams as possible throughout the season.

I really enjoy the play by play of Dan Shulman and I tune in every Sunday night to watch the game. Kruk and Schilling though. UGH. They just do not stop talking. I realize the Sunday Night Baseball viewership will vary but they over dissect every single thing.

I'm also enjoy listening to White Sox and Yankees games on the radio. The announcers are so different from the Giants. They will rip into their teams without mercy when necessary.

eddief
08-24-2015, 10:45 AM
But he says interesting and funny and knowledgeable things at appropriate times. Does not sound like a doofus by pre and second guessing every pitch. Kruk may be the smartest guy in the booth, but he comes off as Jeff Spicoli.

As a diehard Giants fan the game last night irked me. Too many missed opportunities but at least we are still just a game and a half out behind the Dodgers. We are spoiled with four great broadcasters (though Kruk & Kuip get called boring a lot) which I don't take for granted. I have the at bat app so I try to listen to as many teams as possible throughout the season.

I really enjoy the play by play of Dan Shulman and I tune in every Sunday night to watch the game. Kruk and Schilling though. UGH. They just do not stop talking. I realize the Sunday Night Baseball viewership will vary but they over dissect every single thing.

I'm also enjoy listening to White Sox and Yankees games on the radio. The announcers are so different from the Giants. They will rip into their teams without mercy when necessary.

Jellybird3
08-24-2015, 10:51 AM

Funny, I thought the same exact thing last night, but no one is worse than Joe Buck.