PDA

View Full Version : Vittoria Cross XN Pro Reviews

campy man
08-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Anyone with feedback on the Vittoria Cross XN Pro tire?

Considering these tires for mixed surface rides ... mostly asphalt and fire roads in So CA.

sandyrs
08-22-2015, 10:13 AM
Rode for a while. Did D2R2 on them last year. Good for mixed terrain for sure. Any file tread with more than tiny side knobs should be good for a mix of pavement, fire roads and singletrack.

Look585
08-22-2015, 10:19 AM
My favorite fire road tire. They roll just fine on tarmac and do well on anything up to modest singletrack. Cheap and last a long time, the file does wear quickly on the rear but they still seem to have plenty of traction anyway.

31-32mm on most rims. I can even squeeze them under short reach brakes on my Mikklesen.

mistermo
08-22-2015, 03:49 PM
I like 'em, use 'em and would recommend them. However, the file tread wears pretty quickly. Another option, albeit more expensive, is the Challenge Almanzos. My experience is that they last a bit longer.

VTCaraco
08-22-2015, 04:44 PM
I put some on my Cross travel bike, which has seen a good bit of use this summer. Very happy with them from a comfort point of view. They definitely offer that higher-volume smoothing of rougher roads.
I can't speak yet to durability, but they can be found for fairly short money. I'm happy I gave them a try...

ceolwulf
08-22-2015, 09:22 PM
My experience was that they wear quickly, roll somewhat slowly, but ride beautifully. Made my aluminum IRO feel plush.