PDA

View Full Version : Dan Martin to Etixx-QuickStep

MattTuck
08-19-2015, 01:37 PM
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/08/martins-agent-berkhout-on-departure-from-cannondale-garmin-sometimes-you-have-to-change-team-to-make-the-next-step/

How many monuments/classics wins does Etixx now have on their roster? wow.

[QUOTE]With an announcement confirming his move to Etixx Quick-Step thought to be imminent, Dan Martin痴 agent Eelco Berkhout has said that it was time for the Irishman to turn a page in the sport and move on to new things.

的f you are a sportsman and you are eight years in the same team, change is good. It is like in football.,.,sometimes a player has to change team to make next step, he told CyclingTips on Tuesday.

的t is not because Garmin is not a good team. It is more for a new environment, new people, new team-mates, everything. For Dan, he has had his whole pro career on the same team. Now, for the first time in his career, he had the feeling that it is time to move on and go for another direction. That moment was now.納/QUOTE]

sandyrs
08-19-2015, 01:51 PM
This makes a lot of sense. Kwiatkowski is set to transfer and they want to stay strong in the Ardennes.

FlashUNC
08-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Garmin keeps going younger with a general lack of support at the end of those hilly Monuments. I can see what Dan wants to change now in his prime. If he wont Lombardia or LBL a couple more times I wouldn't be shocked.

guido
08-19-2015, 02:27 PM
Definitely a better fit for him.

dpk501
08-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Well he knows it but haven't you heard? Argyle is so pass.

MattTuck
08-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Good points.

I have liked his racing, even if I've had my doubts about Garmin management and race strategy.

I wonder how he'll do in the Etixx machine.

Bob Ross
08-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Crap, I'm so confused!

Dan Martin is the cyclist; Dan Rowan and Dick Martin were the comedians.

Okay, I think I get it now...

Lewis Moon
08-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Some little whiney sprinter is going to have one hell of a lead out.

rustychisel
08-20-2015, 12:35 AM
Crap, I'm so confused!

Dan Martin is the cyclist; Dan Rowan and Dick Martin were the comedians.

Okay, I think I get it now...

That's nothing.

I though YOU were Bob Roll.