PDA

View Full Version : Just Picked up my new Legend ST

FloridaRider
03-25-2004, 08:24 PM
I just returned after picking up my new, and first, Serotta - a Legend ST. It is a polished Ti with compact geometry, and reverse matte decals. Components are full Record 10 with Carbon cranks, Eurus wheels, ITM Millenium stem with USE Electron carbon bars, Speedplay Zero's, King Ti headset, Record seatpost, Fizik saddle, and Arundel carbon cages.

I haven't had a chance to give it a real ride, but the "maiden voyage" was pretty encouraging. It's certainly a beautifully crafted bike. I'm particularly impressed with the rear dropouts and ST pivots.

My thanks to Tony Prioli at Chainwheel Drive in Clearwater. 1st class service and a great fit - I'm a very satisfied customer.

Another report to follow after I put a few miles in. I'm doing a century on Sunday - that should reveal a lot.

bulliedawg
03-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Congrads! Don't forget to post some pics!

TmcDet
03-25-2004, 10:50 PM
congrats on the new Serotta....I was in Tampa this past fall and made a trip over to Chainwheel drive while I was there was an impressive bike shop, spent an hr or so in there talking to them about Serotta's

Kevin
03-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Congratulations. Serotta makes a wonderful bike. I am sure that you are going to enjoy it.

Kevin

dirtdigger88
03-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Pictures please. . . all new parents carry pictures. How long was your build time?

Jason

FloridaRider
03-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Photos will follow soon! Build time was only 4 weeks - although it seemed like 4 months. The wait was worth it.

colodale
03-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Wow, 4 weeks sounds good right now. My Atlanta I bought in 1999 came in 4 weeks, but my Ottrott I picked up last friday took 8 weeks from my fitting date. Congratulations on a "relatively" speedy build!

dirtdigger88
03-26-2004, 09:54 PM
10 weeks for me consider yourself blessed :beer:

Kevin
03-27-2004, 04:48 AM
9 weeks and still waiting for my CSi. Last year my Ottrott took only 4 weeks. I guess business is good for Ben.

Kevin

victoryfactory
03-27-2004, 08:30 AM
FloridaRider;

A big part of riding is inspiration, Having a bike like that can make riding such a joy that you'll go out more often, longer and stronger. The initial (out of scale with most people's reality) cost of a Serotta will be long forgotten and the joy and inspiration will remain.
Congratulations, good luck

VF

FloridaRider
03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
I just completed the first 170 miles on my new Legend ST - 100 of which were done yesterday at a local Century ride. The bike is simply the best ride I've ever experienced. I always hesitate to use all the cliche's when describing a bike - but this bike is amazing.

The first point, and one which tells me the most about my Legend, is that after doing 100 miles in 4:45, I had no significant pain or numbness anywhere. Sure, my butt started to fall asleep and all that, but the "usual" aches and pains didn't happen. Funny what a proper fit can do. I never felt uncomfortable on this bike, whether in the drops, tops or hoods, it all felt right. So, the most important aspect - the fit - was right on.

I also loved the ST rear end. Despite reports to the contrary condeming the technology as a "marketing ploy", I could easily feel the action of the ST stays when I went over rough roads, and in particular, through turns. The bike tracked like it was on rails, and I never experienced any wheel hop or lost contact with the pavement. This is a very smooth riding bike. The tracking, combined with the stiff bottom bracket area made the bike really fly during aggressive sprints. Still, it soaked up the bumps and was as comfortable as my old trusty Merlin Extralight. This is an all around great performer.

Aesthetically, the bike is a home run. With it's polished tubes and reverse matte decals, it's subtle but classy. The compact geometry (6 degree slope) adds to the stealthy appearance. (Yes, photos are on the way).

To say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. My thanks to all involved with the creation of this masterpiece. I couldn't be happier with this bike.