PDA

View Full Version : cheap seats

martianbait
05-09-2006, 09:36 AM
This winter I purchased a new bike -- a Seven (and please spare me the "dark side" comments) -- to help relieve some back pain issues I have had on rides over 30 miles. With that purchase I upgraded to a fizik Arione saddle on the recommendation of a respected colleague at the LBS. According to him, it is one of the most comfortable saddles available. After 500-600 miles on the new bike, my back pain continues and dare I say has been even worse. And my butt was not informed that it had a comfortable saddle.

This past weekend, I went on a century charity ride and couldn't envision 100 miles on that wicked seat. I re-installed my older saddle, a well-worn (and much cheaper) Specialized number, prior to riding. My butt was comfortable. Surprisingly, though, my back pain disappeared! Completely! Accordingly, the Arione is now up for sale...but what happened? Anybody got any insights?

Kevan
05-09-2006, 09:46 AM
are touchy. Just cause "Tom" swears by the saddle doesn't mean it's going to work for you. Be happy you found peace so quickly.

Oh, saddle positioning or just its design might have cured the back problems. Who can tell from here?