PDA

View Full Version : Bought a commuter

Tickdoc
08-16-2015, 01:34 PM
All this searching for a wife bike has me watching like 10 other auctions.

One ended today for a nice new commuter and I couldn't stand to let it go with no bids.

3speed, bamboo fenders, flat bars, disc up front, brooks saddle...it looks like a fun little bike for tooling around on.

Looks like my trash can finish project is not happening and the motobecane can go on the auction block now.

Now I just need to have an excuse for when the new commuter arrives on the doorstep and it's not for her :eek:

JAllen
08-16-2015, 05:39 PM
oh dude. I don't envy you having that conversation.

Good luck!

cd_davis
08-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Jewelry is a good counterbalance especially diamonds.....

makoti
08-16-2015, 07:19 PM
"What the...??? THIS isn't what I bought! Kind of cool, though. Likely cost more to send back than just keep." Or you can try to smooth things over by giving her a torque wrench. Not saying either of these will work, but you can try.

Tickdoc
08-16-2015, 09:02 PM
"What the...??? THIS isn't what I bought! Kind of cool, though. Likely cost more to send back than just keep." Or you can try to smooth things over by giving her a torque wrench. Not saying either of these will work, but you can try.

I like that first one.

Or, but it sure looked smaller in the pictures?

Nah, I'm screwed.

I better find her something soon.

tumbler
08-16-2015, 09:16 PM

This is some sound advise for sure. Try the first one and if you sense that she's still skeptical, whip out the torque wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk