PDA

View Full Version : TDF lugs - Mr. Kelly Bedford

David Kirk
03-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Hello,

As some of you may have seen or heard Asphalt magazine did a very nice article on me and my little framebuilding business. It made my Mom very proud.

There was one mis-quote though. The article gives me credit for the design and first use of Serotta's TDF lugs. It's simply not true. Kelly Bedford is the designer of that lug cut and of course was the first to do it. Kelly designed and cut the first ones in 1986.

I was taught how to do many things by Kelly including the cutting of TDF's....which I did a lot of over my years at Serotta.

Do me a favor and send Kelly an email and tell him how much you like the design....if you are lucky he'll cut a set for you.

Thanks for your time,

Dave

Smiley
03-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey Dave , Kelly must be really busy just with plan old lugs as the ship date for a CSI is very long. How many brews you figure it took Kelly to find out which way to cut them beautiful lugs.

Kevin
03-25-2004, 05:33 PM
The wait for a CSi is crazy. I have been waiting nearly 8 weeks. I am going to call my LBS tomorrow and ask about the status.

Kevin

David Berry
03-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Dave
I find it very honorable and respectable that you would correct the mistake in the magazine and properly give credit for the design of the lugs.

Too often today, too many people in our society completely misrepresent themselves, or just as bad, let something they know is not the truth just slide. Much too often this is done for the wrong reasons, namely personal gain or attention.

You are a true gentleman sir for making sure the record is set straight.

Best regards,
David Berry

Serotta PETE
03-26-2004, 08:38 AM
They are very pretty lugs......I have liked tham since I first saw them 10 years ago. I still need to get a CSI with them. (Kelly, do you still have mine in your upper right hand drawer??)

For those of you who have been waiting "a time" for that special CSI - - - please remember that it is special and made to your requirements, with your colors. That take time.

All custom builds take time.....You as well as Serotta wishes they could fill orders faster,,,,

It is never fun waiting.....SPRING looks like it is just around the corner now. 70s and sun in Raleigh. Have a good weekend. PETE