PDA

View Full Version : Help - Low or High Clamp FD

Martygarrison
08-14-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm having a Waterford cross frame built for my wife. I am building it with an XX groupset. I know I need a 31.8 clamp bottom pull FD. I don't know if I need high clamp or low clamp? I think as there is no suspension it doesn't matter but I'm a little confused on this one...

Thanks!

Marty

kramnnim
08-14-2015, 07:45 PM
Might need to check the location of the bottle cage mounts, don't want them to interfere with the FD clamp.

oldpotatoe
08-15-2015, 06:36 AM
I'm having a Waterford cross frame built for my wife. I am building it with an XX groupset. I know I need a 31.8 clamp bottom pull FD. I don't know if I need high clamp or low clamp? I think as there is no suspension it doesn't matter but I'm a little confused on this one...

Thanks!

Marty

Errr..ya sure it's 31.8? 31.8 shimmed?

A look at the sram pubs shows only one front der for XX tho, a low mount..shouldn't be an issue I would think.

Flat bar I'm guessing, so XX? Just curious.

merckx
08-15-2015, 06:40 AM
Might need to check the location of the bottle cage mounts, don't want them to interfere with the FD clamp.

errr...ya sure that a cross bike has cage mounts?

oldpotatoe
08-15-2015, 06:44 AM
errr...ya sure that a cross bike has cage mounts?

Well, since all waterfords are made to order, it could come without but I'm guessing this is more of an adventure bike rather than a 'cross' bike. BUT the OP may fill us in.

Martygarrison
08-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Adventure bike for my wife. Drop bar, Force shifters. XX 42/28 crank, 11-36 cassette. TRP mini V's. H&S Archetype, T11 hubs. I built her a similar carbon bike with a compact Force groupset and XX rear derailleur 11-36 but she never uses the high gears and wasn't able to get up some of the steep stuff we do. I went with a high clamp as it looks like plenty of room for the bottle bosses.