PDA

View Full Version : Yellow and orange triangle thingy

moots7
08-14-2015, 04:48 PM
I commute with a Chrome backpack,(black of course) have flashing light on the seat post and pack, does anyone use one of those fluorescent triangle things on their pack?

Bradford
08-14-2015, 05:02 PM
I was in Yellowstone a few weeks ago and one group had these on their panniers. I was surprised how effective they were for brining my attention to the bike on the road. I think I'll add one to my touring set up for the next time.

Spinner
08-14-2015, 05:14 PM
... fastened to the trunk bag on my Rambouillet. I've had motorist comment to me how it helped them see me. It now serves as a back-up to my Dinoette.

Cheers.

d_douglas
08-14-2015, 05:18 PM
The more the better. I used to ride in black. Now I have a pink Rapha vest and this go awful hyper orange Mavic jacket for cold days. One of those triangle things can't do anything but help!

I was out a few nights ago at 10pm and someone was riding with a string of blue LED Christmas lights neatly attached to their frame. I would never do that myself, but it was so cool and surreal. You couldn't help but stare at it.

moots7
08-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Yeah what sparked my interest was on our way home last weekend we past a tour group of some kind on HWY 50,
a pretty busy road, and they were all wearing them on their jerseys.
I think the lights are good in the morning on my way to work but in the afternoon in bright sun probably not so much, the road I'm on has a good shoulder but is 50 mph which means actual speed is more like 60.