PDA

View Full Version : East Bay, CA bike rental options

dyerwolf
08-14-2015, 01:21 PM
Question for East Bay Area forumites- I'm here visiting family in Dublin/Pleasanton area for a couple of days and am looking to rent a bike for a ride or two. Suggestions?
I went to one shop to inquire about demo bikes and they had none available. I would appreciate any feedback you may have? Such as bike shops with quality staff and like minded folks? I appreciate your ideas.
Clearly, the next time I will have shipped a bike out in advance...

VonTrapp
08-14-2015, 01:27 PM
The next city west of Dublin is Castro Valley, and my LBS there is Castro Valley Cyclery.

Small shop. Helpful staff. Hopefully they can help you too. Good luck!

http://castrovalleycyclery.com/

FlashUNC
08-14-2015, 01:38 PM
What size are you?

Check out Pursuit Bicycles in Albany.

bikefixe
08-14-2015, 01:39 PM
spinlister.com ?

Ken Robb
08-14-2015, 02:10 PM
You might have fun testing some Rivendell models in Walnut Creek.

cnighbor1
08-14-2015, 03:10 PM
You might have fun testing some Rivendell models in Walnut Creek.
a decent 56cm bicycle
Charles Nighbor

Matt-H
08-14-2015, 03:45 PM
I was just visiting last week and went to Pegasus Bikes in Danville. The owner was very personable- we had a great conversation about Pegoretti. Turns out Dario has a long relationship with the shop. Even built the owner a Duende cx which was sweet.

Anyway, I rented a Bianchi and was quite happy. Except it wasn't Campy equipped. ;)

dyerwolf
08-14-2015, 04:20 PM
Thank you all! I really appreciate your ideas and feedback.
Charles, great idea on the 56cm option. Wahoo. Will PM if looks promising. Heading into city for dinner tonight but hope for a ride tomorrow?

Cornfed
08-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Dublin Cyclery in Dublin is my LBS and a great, great shop. Been in business 50 years. They've got lots of new and used bikes and they're great about loaning them out. And best rental rates in the tri-valley area.
PM me if you want to some ride recommendations in the area. Great road and mountain biking around here.
And welcome!