PDA

View Full Version : The New and Improved Forum!

admin
03-25-2004, 03:16 PM
I hope you all like the new, updated forum. I am still working out some technical things, so if you find anything that seems a bit 'off,' post it here so I can keep track of any bugs or mistakes.

Thanks,
Alyson :banana:

Kevan
03-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Unless it's me, when you submit a reply to a thread, instead of being returned back to the thread, I was offered another "Reply to Thread" screen. Minor point.

Otherwise, it's neat and thanks loads for putting up with me. :)

Kevan

Added note:

Now it works! Go figure.

dirtdigger88
03-25-2004, 03:23 PM
Unless it's me, when you submit a reply to a thread, instead of being returned back to the thread, I was offered another "Reply to Thread" screen. Minor point.

Otherwise, it's neat and thanks loads for putting up with me. :)

Kevan

No doing that for me? I like the new look :beer:

Tom
03-25-2004, 03:43 PM
It's probably me. It's at the bottom in linear mode, at the top in hybrid mode, but I've lost it in threaded mode...

if I look again and it's there, it's probably BBDave screwing things up.

(Sorry, it's in both places for linear and hybrid mode... Dave's obviously already monkeying around.)

alembical
03-25-2004, 03:49 PM
I am not real sure that the number of views is accurate. I have viewed the c-8 conversion thread, and I would assume at least someone else has, but I could be wrong.

Alembical

Edit: This problem has been fixed.\

Re-edit: I dont think that has really been fixed as I know only see one view on the TDF post, and I am sure that is not right.

P.S. the clock seems to be off as well.

alembical
03-25-2004, 03:53 PM
On a positive note, I really like how you can get a quick view of the topic just by placing the cursor over the subject when on the front page of the forum. Did that make any sense? Well anyway, it is nice.

Alembical :beer:

keno
03-25-2004, 04:44 PM
from here it looks like your clock function is off by an hour. There is a post at 6:37, and it's not even 6:00.

keno

Kevin
03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
I hate change.

Kevin

:crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

BumbleBeeDave
03-25-2004, 09:30 PM
SMILIES would be very nice, no?

BBDave :banana: :banana: :banana: :butt:

lithiapark
03-25-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm glad someone noted there was a change. The color seemed different, and some other things too. I thought I had done something wrong again. :confused:

Needs Help
03-26-2004, 01:51 AM
The time is GMT which can be changed in the User CP. However, I changed it to a different time zone, and it wasn't reflected. I left the forum and then came back, and the time was still in GMT.

Kevin
03-26-2004, 04:52 AM
The new forum has changed my title to "Registered User". Does anyone know how to change your title on the forum?

Kevin

admin
03-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Ok, I think have all of your questions answered...

Kevin,
Click on User CP and then Edit Profile. The edit Custom User Title option is there.

Needs Help, Keno, and alembical,
The time issue should be resolved. The old forum did not account for Daylight Savings Time so people changed their time zones to show the correct time. This new version does have DST, so just check your time zone info in User CP, Edit Options.

BBDave,
I'll try and find some more smiles for you this afternoon if I get a free minute!

If there are any more problems, keep them coming!

gt6267a
03-26-2004, 08:36 AM
S_A,

not a problem, but a preference: when looking at the general discussion screen with the list of topics to read, it appears less dense. i.e. less topics per inch vertically. i find this has me scrolling down more than i used to.

not sure if this is an option or choice, but i liked the old thread density.

on a positive note, this reply screen looks much much much better. it is considerably less cluttered. though i have not played with the options, it looks much more user friendly. well done.

-k

Kevin
03-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Alyson,

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Kevin
03-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Alyson,

I tried to change my title as you suggested. However, when I go to Edit Profile and click there is no option for Custom User Title. Any thoughts?

Kevin

davids
03-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Ok, I think have all of your questions answered...

Kevin,
Click on User CP and then Edit Profile. The edit Custom User Title option is there.

If there are any more problems, keep them coming!

Alyson,

I don't have a "Custom User Title" option on my "Edit Profile" page!
:(

keno
03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Alyson,

How do I create my own avatar? When I go to the Edit Avatar function, I find no guidance. It just loops me back to the same box. Is there an "add avatar" function I have missed?

keno

Zoomie80
03-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Alyson--
The new look is excellent, I especially like the logon at the top right instead of the bottom in the previous version. My question is why the page is slow to load when I click on my browser's "back" button. Previous version was "lickety split"...I'm on broadband. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me (maybe my I need to adjust my browser settings?)

Also, where can we get avatars?

Thx!
Zoomie

victoryfactory
03-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Alyson;
Thanks for your work on the forum, One question, It seems that you did not load any gallery posts older than 27 Feb , was that on purpose?

Thanks

Victory Factory

Needs Help
03-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks. :)

admin
03-29-2004, 09:36 AM
The custom user title option should be there now, for some reason that option got turned off in the software update.

VictoryFactory,
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can change the amount of posts it will show. The default is posts from the past month, but you can changed that to show all posts.

Keno,
To add an avatar...

1. Click on User CP
2. Click on Edit Avatar in the left column
3. Click the Use Custom Avatar radio button
4. Click on Browse, find the image on your hard drive, click ok
5. Click on Save Changes

-Alyson

Kevin
03-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Alyson,

Thanks for the help.