PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Paceline Fantasy Football Smackdown!!!

wooly
08-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Well, it's that time of year again. The first 11 forum members to PM me will be in for the season. We discussed possibly doing a live draft versus the auction drafts we've done the last three years. I'll take a poll of the 12 participants once we get that nailed down.

Who's in?

kramnnim
08-09-2015, 01:38 PM
PMed...

vqdriver
08-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Im in. Lets see if I can improve this year.

djg21
08-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Wooly:

I'm in. I posted a couple days ago in last years thread, and a couple of folks indicated in that thread that they want in.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=153439&page=4&highlight=Fantasy

Thanks.

Vonruden
08-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Pm'd, I'm back in looking to improve upon my 2nd place

kramnnim
08-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Pm'd, I'm back in looking to improve upon my 2nd place

:mad:

MattTuck
08-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Interested. Free Tom Brady. Screw goodell.

wooly
08-11-2015, 11:31 AM
We've got 9 forumites committed:

Wooly
Kramnnim
Vqdriver
Tuxbailey
Chengher87
Djg21
Vonruden
Matttuck
JLyon

That leaves 3 more spots open.

We still need to decide on live draft versus auto draft. Live would be fun but it may be difficult to coordinate schedules. Also, our previous buy-in was $20 paid in advance. The top three winners received a paypal for the their winnings. Seemed to work for everyone. I've had a request to lower the buy-in to $10. I am open but will take a poll (on this and the type of draft) once we have all 12 spots filled.

Bring it on! :hello:

MattTuck
08-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Geno Smith looks to be a bargain pick, poised to finish the season strong...

Feel bad for the guy, but the Jets sure have some problems.

wooly
08-11-2015, 02:20 PM
Geno Smith looks to be a bargain pick, poised to finish the season strong...

Feel bad for the guy, but the Jets sure have some problems.

#GlassChin

djg21
08-11-2015, 06:25 PM
We've got 9 forumites committed:

Wooly
Kramnnim
Vqdriver
Tuxbailey
Chengher87
Djg21
Vonruden
Matttuck
JLyon

That leaves 3 more spots open.

We still need to decide on live draft versus auto draft. Live would be fun but it may be difficult to coordinate schedules. Also, our previous buy-in was $20 paid in advance. The top three winners received a paypal for the their winnings. Seemed to work for everyone. I've had a request to lower the buy-in to $10. I am open but will take a poll (on this and the type of draft) once we have all 12 spots filled.

Bring it on! :hello:

Leave it at $20 or go to $25. It's cheap for a few months if entertainment. I don't think there should be a cash prize however. I think a cycling-related gift card more appropriate.

We do need a rule, or understanding, that everyone will continue playing toward the end of the season regardless of playoff hopes. I benefitted last year when someone stopped tending their roster and played a number of players on a bi-week. The win likely got me into the playoffs at someone else's expense. I'm trying to think of a way to incentivize people to continue playing but haven't thought of a solution.

And the Pats are going back to the Super Bowl.

MattTuck
08-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Out of curiosity, anyone have thoughts on how the new PAT rules will impact the value of kickers? Are they going to get the same points that they used to for a field goal from the new distance?

Or will more teams go for '2', and reduce the overall value of kickers?

djg21
08-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Out of curiosity, anyone have thoughts on how the new PAT rules will impact the value of kickers? Are they going to get the same points that they used to for a field goal from the new distance?

Or will more teams go for '2', and reduce the overall value of kickers?

ESPN published some statistics and concluded that PATs still will make good bathroom breaks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/169212/inside-slant-nfls-new-pat-rule-unlikely-to-make-big-impact

kramnnim
08-11-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm the weirdo who wants the buy in lowered, and live drafts...despite winning with my autodrafted team. :hello:

But yeah, it's kind of annoying when someone abandons their team mid season... (Especially annoying when they beat you even with half of their guys injured/on a bye...)

chengher87
08-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't mind the buy-in at $20, heck I'm sure more is spent on the classifieds or electronic bay in one hour by members of the forum!

With all the eclectic tastes, I'm not sure if a cycling item would be a better option. Kramnnim, having won two years in a row might be able to better tell us though, I've never won :(. He won the box o' swag and the money.

Which was better?

Count me in for a live draft too.

tuxbailey
08-11-2015, 09:57 PM
I don't mind the buy in but I do hope for a live draft. Even if we have do it 10 or 11 PM. I did it once with a paid league in cbs and it was quick and painless.

kramnnim
08-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Kramnnim, having won two years in a row might be able to better tell us though, I've never won :(. He won the box o' swag and the money.

Which was better?

Count me in for a live draft too.

It was pretty cool to open up the box of stuff. I'm still using the Lezyne bag and patch kit. Hate to think how much was spent on postage, though...

If someone can't make the live draft, it will autodraft for them and pick the highest rated player available...

wooly
08-14-2015, 10:45 AM
We are now up to 10. Our latest entry: Scho74. 2 more slots open.

Bring it.

wooly
08-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Last call for two spots remaining. We can close the league with the existing 10 coaches (actually makes it quite fun with more free agents). I will close the league in 24 hours. Let me know if anyone else is interested.

Much gracias.

chengher87
12-08-2015, 11:48 AM
It's time to buckle down now!! May the best team win.

vqdriver
12-30-2015, 11:06 PM
Great season guys. Thanks for organizing and the weekly smackdowns. Getcha next year.

Vonruden
12-31-2015, 04:57 AM
Great season, congrats Robabank on winning. Thanks for running this Ron!!

Vonruden
08-31-2016, 04:32 AM
Thanks again Ron! Just got my draft report...watchout fellas

Draft Summary
VonRudens Army received the sixth pick in the draft and used it to build a juggernaut. The majority of the league will spend the season looking up at VonRudens Army in the standings, as they are expected to finish first in Paceline Smack Down League with a record of 11-2-0 (1,769 points). They aimed for having a roster with balance throughout, taking QB Ben Roethlisberger (54th overall), RBs David Johnson (6th) and Devonta Freeman (19th), and WRs Mike Evans (30th) and Jarvis Landry (43rd). They ended up with the most prolific group of RBs in the league, as they added Johnson, Freeman, and Ameer Abdullah to the team.

MattTuck
08-31-2016, 07:51 AM
Yep, shaping up to be a great year!

Tird & Tree should use Week 9 to consider life's great mysteries, like why there's only one word for thesaurus. That's still time better spent than checking fantasy football that week. They have six players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Taking a look at the entire season from start to finish, they have one of the most challenging schedules. In addition to having the second-most demanding overall schedule, Tird & Tree also has the second-most difficult last four games of the season.

wooly
08-31-2016, 09:59 AM
I had the first pick and as expected had a mediocre draft. Daggumit! Ha. Have a great season Gents!

vqdriver
08-31-2016, 11:59 AM
yeah, those recaps are great

"Maybe Vqdriver was out partying with Gronk and autodrafted? "

good times to be had by all

djg21
08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
In the basement yet again. Another season playing the waiver wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk